CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth and Sonar X3 Producer

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth and Sonar X3 Producer

CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth is the greatest! I just tried it for the first time today. It does almost everything I need. I'm stuck on one thing though.

i have a USB 88 key midi controller keyboard and a Behringer UMC204 USB sound interface. How do I assign it so I can play my keyboard through the CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth

but have it utilizing and coming out of the UMC204 sound interface?  The track output is CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth. How do I route it through the sound interface?  I'm using ASIO of course.  The Keyboard latency sucks for the onboard laptop soundcard.  There is never latency when I've used stuff like sforzando through the sound interface.

Is this possible to do?  The keyboard is going USB directly into the laptop & so is the sound interface.  I guess I'm stuck as the track output is the CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth and not the sound interface.  Oooh this is aggrivating....

(multiple posts merged by admin)

Re: CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth and Sonar X3 Producer

If I well understood your question you're able to send MIDI to VirtualMIDISynth but need to route ANALOG output of VMS to your external sound card, right?

Well, VMS output device can be set in its own configurator (the one you used to configure soundfonts), Options tab, Output device.
Here you should find your USB audio device, then select it.

Please note that you could also lower the Output buffer setting down to 0 to reduce latency (the lower the better).
Check which value best fits your needs: lower value means lower latency but could also introduce stuttering.