VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-RC2 Network driver conflict

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-RC2 Network driver conflict

I installed VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-RC2 on my Windows 10 laptop and it looks like there is some conflict with my wireless network drivers.  

After installing VirtualMIDISynth, when I click the network icon  in my system tray, the list of wifi connections available pops up breifly before a blue screen appears saying there was an error with nwifi.sys    driver irql_not_less_or_equal (nwifi.sys)

After the blue screen, my computer reboots.  The error also occured when I tried to look at my wifi card properties in the Device manager.

The problem cleared up after I uninstalled VirtualMIDISynth.

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-RC2 Network driver conflict

VirtualMIDISynth is a user-mode driver (*.dll) and it's separated from the kernel-mode drivers (*.sys) like nwifi.sys, so it's really strange to me they conflict each other (anyway on Windows everything is possible...).

The link you posted refers to a very specific software (AVG antivirus) that installs some kind of hook on network drivers to analyze their traffic.
The only thing related to network in VirtualMIDISynth is the Update check feature that checks for updates each x days (configurable by the user) that could be even turned off.

The only suggestion I have is to double check if all of your drivers are updated and certified, then try again.