VirtualMIDISynth breaks Virtual DJ

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
VirtualMIDISynth breaks Virtual DJ

I Have a licensed copy of VirtualDJ and I use it for wedding animations on my laptop on windows 10 x64.

I've installed VirtualMIDIsyth for replacing standard windows synth but both programs can't live together on the same machine.

Please note that VirtualDJ doesn't play MIDI files but uses MIDI for controlling DJ consoles.

When VirtualMIDISynth selected as MIDI Mapper Configuration VDJ crashes. When left blank VDJ asks for target device.

Is there a workaround ?

Can You test it with a DJ friend ?

Re: VirtualMIDISynth breaks Virtual DJ

A similar issue has been reported by another user and I'm investigating on it.

Meanwhile you could workaround it by blacklisting VDJ exe file (configurator | advanced | blacklist).

Is there a free/trial version of VDJ available to test it?

I had the same problem, but blacklisting fixed it.

The link for VDJ8 is:  https://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

Its free for home use.

Dave

Hi Coolsoft

There is a home version but I think it doesn't work with consoles. I haven't tested with verion 8.0 (64bit) . Can test on my brother's laptop since he uses it.

I use 7.4.7 (32bit) since this one doesn't need to "phone home" from time to time to maintain activation.

I presume if i don't use the default upper midi mapper function it works well since when loaded on tray there are no errors without console. When not loaded, I get a Bass library error but no crash. As soon as I use the upper midi mapper function it crashes.

The only correct way of testing is to use a console. On older versions I couldn't connect to them and had to deinstall.

I will try the backlist function. I hadn't noticed it.

Thank You