VirtualMIDISynth 2.4.0 - Release Candidate 1

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.4.0 - RC1

Released version 2.4.0-rc1 (see first post) with small bug fixes:

• FIX: Fixed driver crash when client process tries to open the same DeviceID more than once.
  • FIX: Close any device left open by broken clients that do not send the expected MODM_CLOSE messages.

Final 2.4.0 version will be released when translation of new text items is complete.

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.4.0 - RC1
coolsoft wrote:
FIX: Fixed driver crash when client process tries to open the same DeviceID more than once.

Well, that expains the crashes on mixcraft after trying to open a saved proyect with more than one Virtual MIDI Synth track.

Seriously, I though I had lost those proyects but now they work again, I didn't report it here because I though it was a mixcraft problem, but I did figure out the crash was caused because I saved the proyect with 2 "VirtualMidisynth #1" tracks

I even managed to get a workarround to make it not crash having 2 VMS tracks (I only tested it for 2 channels tho), I just had to open the first one with external midi devices > VirtualMidisynth #1 and for the second track you would have to open external midi devices > Coolsoft midi mapper (In which VirtualMidisynth #1 is set as default midi device), but now it won't be necessary anymore

Those proyects were not very important anyway and I had a mid file version of them so it wasn't that big of a deal, but it's nice that I don't have to rearrange the midis into a new proyect and that I can now use more than 2 vms tracks without worrying about crashes, I just tried opening 16 vms tracks saving the proyect and then opening it and it doesn't crash.

Thanks for your amazing work.

Pages