Installation stalling

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Installation stalling

Have downloaded CoolSoft Virtual MidiSynth (from this site, the top one), tried to install, and I get one alert message "An error occurred opening output device. Error code: 46 Description [none]"

Press OK on that little charmer and I then get: "Error initializing BASS libraries, aborting"

End of story.

What can I do about this?

Thanks!

Windows 7, 64 bit.

Mister Musicarta
www.musicarta.com

Re: Installation stalling

Error 46 description (from BASS documentation) is:
BASS_ERROR_BUSY: The device is already in use, eg. another process may have initialized it in exclusive mode.

You should check if another process is already using the (I suppose) single analog output device in exclusive mode; it could be a MIDI Player, a DAW or some kind of multimedia process...

PS: I've added a detailed error message for error 46 to next VMS version.

Thanks, Coolsoft, that worked. I can now use VirtualMIDIsynth as an output for my MidiPiano virtual keyboard.

And it shows up in Cubase (5) - without being loaded as a VST - but it doesn't make any sound when I play tracks in Cubase routed to it. The meters do jiggle up and down, however.

Any advice?

Thanks again!

Musicarta

Mister Musicarta
www.musicarta.com

Musicarta wrote:
And it shows up in Cubase (5) - without being loaded as a VST - but it doesn't make any sound when I play tracks in Cubase routed to it. The meters do jiggle up and down, however.

If VMS MIDI Mixer meters show activity it means that the connection between Cubase and VMS is up and running, so the issue could be:

• Windows Mixer levels muted or too low
    open it by right-clicking on VMS MIDI MIxer and select "Open Windows Mixer", raise up all the levels you see and check there's nothing muted
  • Cubase is opening the audio device in exclusive mode
    If this is the case, then VMS can't open/share the same device, so it defaults to the nosound internal device; anyway it should show a warning message in this case, but only if started after Cubase.
    Check if Cubase has an option to let it open the output device in shared (not exclusive) mode.