Error -1 suddenly

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Error -1 suddenly

When I was going to use the VMS latest version, 2.5.1, an error suddenly happened.

Previously, it ran really well no problem.

it was the error -1. weird. I cannot solve this problem at all.

even I have updated the VMS to 2.5.2 today. still no luck

I suspect it could be after I do something with SteamVR and some VR budget experiments. Maybe not. Maybe yes.

There is no way I could debug the program. I tried to CMD and open the VMS using that CMD. there is no command output whatsoever.

Is refresh PC a solution? I don't want to refresh PC. it will uninstall all non Microsoft Store apps.

Maybe I have to do something to make Windows reinstall, like using external storage, or wait long time for seasonal update.

Then is Error -1 dark unlucky error? Please say no.

OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language 1803. I have made sure that I have this Windows up to date.

PC: Asus ROG GL503GE

thank you for your attention.

Attachments (Only registered users)
damage permanent.PNG

Founder of Perkedel Technologies

Share and Serve for Gratis, Open Source, and FULL VERSION!!!

Re: Error -1 suddenly

Sadly error -1 is the worst case: BASS was not able to initialize without further details...

JOELwindows7 wrote:
When I was going to use the VMS latest version, 2.5.1
Which version were you using before? Did it work without the -1 error?

At first I'll try to downgrade VMS to that version to confirm that it was VMS update to introduce -1 error.

Another step should be to update sound card drivers, especially if you've recently upgrader Windows to a newer release.

Everything was fine, to where I was using the 2.5.1.

Chronology: An eager of a poor man for Virtual Reality

Then one day, I want to experience VR, but it is expensive. So I put RiftCat, SteamVR, and other related setup. That's an experiment.

I wasn't fun at all, regarding of all lackness such as the controller, which SteamVR home still immature that was seen by lack of controller support, not-working XBOX button, etc.

I became bored. So, then I started VanBasco Karaoke Player. VMS was installed, the day I activated my newly purchased this new Asus ROG GL503GE. It was working perfectly fine now and then. that time, my VMS was 2.5.1

When the VanBasco started, and tried to Load the MIDI driver, VMS 2.5.1, that day, it spits an error! what?!

I feel I didn't change thing, than I do budget experiement mentioned above. I just, nothing!

I tried to solve the problem.

I tried to System Restore. maybe one of the update ruins something, corruption of what. System Restore always failed!

I tried to run VMS from CMD, it doesn't output anything! I cannot debug!

I Google the problem. found the old 2013 thread here. I followed the instruction. reinstall. no luck.

I uninstall all VR related thing. maybe this is the culprit. no luck!

then, VMS 2.5.2 came out. I updated now the VMS to that latest version. no luck!

I checked all updates needed to do. all has been updated! no more update to do, sound, display, etc. ok!. no luck!

I don't think that the version is the trouble. I tried on other machine, install that VMS there, runs fine. that machine is Windows 8 (not important info though).

Maybe, I was unlucky. again.

right now, I am updating Windows to Insider Build Slow, just to make Windows "reinstall".

I'll come back soon. if this problem persist, there is no way than to Refresh PC that removes all non Microsoft Store apps. Backups are ready.

Verdict for now:

I am updating Windows right now.

This error came mysteriously after experimenting with budget VR experience. before that VR things installed, everything was fine.

If I still unable to solve the problem, I will Refresh PC.

Update: I have installed the latest update. Insider Build Slow.

Still not working at all.

it's time. But I have to do something else beforehand. quickly, anyone found a sudden solution, immediately tell!

Your time is not much.

I wouldn't troubleshoot problems in Insider builds of Windows, since they're prone to bugs and glitches with certain programs.

I'd suggest going back to a stable release, and trying again.

Finally be able to message again after all not respondings. Have to get another device.

I have returned back to stable and Refreshed PC! Now works well. No problem

But please, don't set this thread as solved!. This error is mysterious and unsolvable without luck.

Any other better solution is welcome.