Can you restart a failed-to-initiate VirtualMidiSynth?

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Can you restart a failed-to-initiate VirtualMidiSynth?

Can anyone explain how to restart a failed-to-initiate once the 'failed to initiate bass libraries' message has come up?

Or is it not possible to have VirtualMidiSynth AND VSTs working in Cubase at the same time?

Thanks for any help!

Mister Musicarta
www.musicarta.com

Re: Can you restart a failed-to-initiate VirtualMidiSynth?

VirtualMIDISynth is started automatically each time one of its MIDI devices is opened.

You could also start it manually with its start menu icons or double clicking VirtualMIDISynth.exe in installation folder.

As for the start error, I have no notice of incompatibilities between VirtualMIDISynth and Cubase; I can suggest you to check if Cubase is opening the audio device in exclusive mode, so VirtualMIDISynth can't use it.

Another test could be to start VMS before Cubase, but then see if the latter complies about the device being in use.

Thanks for your quick reply!

You're right: If I run VMS from the start menu before starting Cubase, VMS plays Cubase MIDI tracks as my default keyboard sound (as desired).

BUT, then the other VSTs I have loaded in Cubase don't sound.

(If I don't run VMS first, I get the Error 46 message, and it's the other way round.)

So may I ask how I would "check if Cubase is opening the audio device in exclusive mode"?

Many thaks for your time and effort.

Musicarta

Mister Musicarta
www.musicarta.com

I found the the 'exclusive' options R-click the little Windows speaker icon in the bottom RH corner) and unchecked all the exclusive boxes in advanced but still no joy. Either/or, not both.

Thanks anyway! I find a work-around.

Regards

Musicarta Bob

Mister Musicarta
www.musicarta.com