VST stack support

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
VST stack support

Hi! Well known issue of any SF-2 GM bank is bad sounding Distortion/Overdriven guitar and poor effects support. The only way to improve quality of this intrument is to use DSP guitar processor. I know you think that this is a lot of work to realise it BUT really it is the last feature which put the virtualsynth on new level. If it would have XG-like synth structure I would say that it's the best GM-compatible software synth ENGINE (possible to do with good GM bank) ever.

For example it could have looked. Every midi channel must have it's own audio bus, every audio bus must have 4 VST (from the box) effects: e.g. must useful - rever, chorus, delay, guitar amp/eq (whatever). Finally all busses should out to Master-bus where we can add final rever, compressor and mastering limitter. And the most important we should have opporunity to save this DSP-stack for every instrument in preset. So if plays N31 Distortion guitar I would put there some Guitar processor (out from the box).

Thats really my wet dream synth engine for SF2 banks :)

Attachments (Only registered users)
Vmsynth.png
Re: VST stack support

AFAIK there's no way to separate MIDI channels: BASS will consider them together in a MIDI stream so there's no way to apply different effects to different channels/programs.
It could be eventually done to different MIDI devices.

Anyway, as you can see, your wish is a huge lot of things to implement, isn't it? ;)
Lot of things for a single developer, developing it on spare time.

I've added your wish to the TODO list but, as you can see, there's a long list of other requests that will surely target a bigger user base...

Appreciate your attention. But maybe it's time to migrate from bassmidi to opensource FluidSynth? Do you have your project on git? Maybe we can do something with community help.

Don't want to flood with new topic and write here. I just realised that it was useful to have MIN reverb level. We have MAX setting but sometimes there are wrong reverb levels in midi and it sounds a bit dry too much.