KEY change in MIDI converter - File list

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
KEY change in MIDI converter - File list

It would be great if the list of MIDI files to convert could be saved and then read by the converter itself.

Imagine you change the soundfont and so you want to convert back again your MIDI files; in this case the saved list is precious tool.

I imagine a function that "save" in a formatted file the list you have just entered in GUI.
Another function "loads" a previously saved list file.
The file could have esasily editable format so that you can manually modify.

Thankks.

Re: KEY change in MIDI converter - File list

Do you mean something like import/export of the soundfonts list?
(in this case it could be a simple list of filenames in a plain text file)

Or is it enough to just remove filelist clear after conversion?

I'm talking about list of MIDI files to convert, not soundfonts.

Initially the user indicates MIDI files and, for each MIDI file, the wanted key (+/- n semitones).
This list can be directly passed to the converter (CREATE function) or sent to a file (SAVE LIST function).

The user can otherwise recall a list previously stored in a file (LOAD LIST function).

The user can mute the melody part (channel 4) of all midi file in list.

syryo wrote:
I'm talking about list of MIDI files to convert, not soundfonts.

Sure, I was only comparing it with the already existing "import/export soundfont" feature...
Ok for import/export of filenames, I like it.

syryo wrote:
Initially the user indicates MIDI files and, for each MIDI file, the wanted key (+/- n semitones).

I'm actually adding the key-change feature, and I've implemented it like the other settings: a single field where the user can select the change in a -12/+12 range to be applied to all the files in the list.
All the conversion settings (format, bitrate, key-change) are common and applied to all the files... why should the key-change be different?

Moving settings at file level will over-complicate dialog usage for most of the users: after adding a file, user needs to click on it (to open an edit dialog) and change its settings, repeating this for all of the files...

syryo wrote:
The user can mute the melody part (channel 4) of all midi file in list.

This can already be done by muting channel 4 on the MIDI Converter Mixer ;)

Final thought: I suppose this feature will help in finding the best soundfont to use when converting files, but... doesn't a new checkbox like "Do not clear filelist after conversion" do the same, removing the need to load/save filelist after each conversion?

coolsoft wrote:
I'm actually adding the key-change feature, and I've implemented it like the other settings: a single field where the user can select the change in a -12/+12 range to be applied to all the files in the list.
All the conversion settings (format, bitrate, key-change) are common and applied to all the files... why should the key-change be different?

Moving settings at file level will over-complicate dialog usage for most of the users: after adding a file, user needs to click on it (to open an edit dialog) and change its settings, repeating this for all of the files...

A singer, a musician needs to convert every single song in a key depending on his/her voice key and the artist's voice key. I sing song from artists men and woman so I need to change the initial key of songs differently to adapt them to my voice key.

I think it's useless to implement just a single field for key change.

coolsoft wrote:
Final thought: I suppose this feature will help in finding the best soundfont to use when converting files, but... doesn't a new checkbox like "Do not clear filelist after conversion" do the same, removing the need to load/save filelist after each conversion?

Having the possibility to save different list files lets you group songs to batch convert. This way improves flexibility for the user but you can anyway implement in "your" way if you like.