VirtualMIDISynth becomes unavailable and keeps prompting for reinstall (Win10-2004, build 10.0.19033)

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth becomes unavailable and keeps prompting for reinstall

Hi.

Ok it works.

Winamp found it as a midi device and it works.

I uninstalled the old one on my amd and its all working as expected.

Now will you be bringing midi mapper back or not?

Or can midi mapper be included in the new synth.

At least being its a device now it works well enough and windows will now figure it out.

I have a virtual recorder program which has used a virtual device, though its not in the device manager and windows doesn't seem to be concerned about it for recording purposes but for all I know it may create and destroy it at will for all I know its never been a problem though.

That is quite old and maybe eventually that may stop to but oh well, extra security while a problem at least keeps away more nasties and so things continue.

Hi ... installlato the fix solved ... for VMS .... but start asking  to reinstall the midimapper ..... then new ... bugs in the sf2 file settings ..... after ' opening of synth ... if the list of banks it imposed another primary SF2 FILE ..... by the settings in the bank disappears presets / tools SEE ATTACHMENTS list

I hope I explained....

Attachments (Only registered users)
bug bankpreset list disappears .rar

Thanks Claudio! Tested a couple of reboots, the fix seems to work on my system. No soundfont issues either (banks are correctly stacked).

About MIDI Mapper: VMS has its own MIDI mapper feature, which works the same as the stand-alone app.

Greetings

I was one of the first to report this bug, and Claudio was of great help in listening to the problem and quickly acting on it...
This fix is working WONDERFULLY and I couldn't ask for anything better.

You're the man Claudio!!!

Manik Groove--Solo keyboard artist covering only the very best of the 70's and 80's
www.reverbnation.com/manikgroove

crashmaster wrote:
Ok it works.
Winamp found it as a midi device and it works.

Glad to hear that, thanks.

crashmaster wrote:
Now will you be bringing midi mapper back or not?
Or can midi mapper be included in the new synth.

MIDIMapper will follow, just after VMS final fix will be released.

Kaminari wrote:
About MIDI Mapper: VMS has its own MIDI mapper feature, which works the same as the stand-alone app.

VMS have a "configurator" for MIDIMapper settings, which works "out of the box" only up to Windows 7.
Starting from Windows 8 the underlying MIDIMapper features were removed from the OS, so you need to install my MIDIMapper implementation.
VMS configurator works for both the OS and CoolSoft versions.

Paky78 wrote:
by the settings in the bank disappears presets / tools SEE ATTACHMENTS list

There should be minor difference between 2.9.1 and 2.9.1-win10-2004-fix1 versions about SF2 management (that will land in final 2.10).
It only changes list management, now supporting multiple selection.
The only relevant difference between the two versions is about the install/uninstall steps.

Anyway I've noticed some issues in your screenshots:

• both BEFORE and AFTER screenshots show the same 2.9.1-win10-2004-fix1 version (I was expecting BEFORE to show 2.9.1)
  • the screenshots show details of two different SF2 files: SuperStarTotalSoundDeluxe 1.8.3.8.6.sf2 (981MB) and SuperStarTotalSoundDeluxe 1.8.3.3 (3) (3).sf2 (967MB)

So I suppose this is not related to 2.9.1-win10-2004-fix1 version.

I'm having a problem of removing a sound fount.  It won't remove it, instead, it freezes and closes.  I added a sfark sound fount (OPL-3_FM_128M.sfArk), and of course it wasn't compatible.  Even after deleting the sound font, the program won't remove the sound font.  Also an issue of trying to select another sound font, and clicking on it will turn the other back on (green square) and it takes several clicks for it to take.  Other than that, it works fine on reboots.

coolsoft wrote:
crashmaster wrote:

There should be minor difference between 2.9.1 and 2.9.1-win10-2004-fix1 versions about SF2 management (that will land in final 2.10).
    It only changes list management, now supporting multiple selection.
    The only relevant difference between the two versions is about the install/uninstall steps.
Anyway I've noticed some issues in your screenshots:
both BEFORE and AFTER screenshots show the same 2.9.1-win10-2004-fix1 version (I was expecting BEFORE to show 2.9.1)
the screenshots show details of two different SF2 files: SuperStarTotalSoundDeluxe 1.8.3.8.6.sf2 (981MB) and SuperStarTotalSoundDeluxe 1.8.3.3 (3) (3).sf2 (967MB)
So I suppose this is not related to 2.9.1-win10-2004-fix1 version.

hello Claudio the problem described in the two screnshot "before and after" is present in both versions (2.9.1 ... and 2.9.1 fix) precise also that it is enough just to change by one unit the setting value of the volume of the desk or of any other parameter in the configurator by clicking on "apply" for this to occur .... confirming with OK ... and reopening the configurator the list of presets and visible again .. to then disappear again with "apply" of the new setting

The part where it doesn't gets unistalled anymore works great but I have found some bugs:

-If you remove any soundfont that is not the last one instead of removing it it changes it for the last soundfont on the list and puts it near the end of the list

-Can't remove last soundfont on the list or one of the duplicated ones made by the previous bug and if you try to remove it it crashes

-Something weird going on with the remove button that also selects more that 1 soundfont when pressed

-When you click on a led it turns it on/off on the currently highlighted with blue soundfont instead of the soundfont you actually clicked if it's not highlighted:

I preffer these bugs over having to reinstall vms every reboot though hahaha

Cheers

That's the sort of issue I was having.

@all: thanks for your reports about Win10-2004 bug, which was the target bug to be fixed by this beta release.

I'm sorry about the sounfont list bugs, let me explain what happened.

The Win10-2004 bugfix was initially applied to a larger working branch which contains more other changes (including a breaking one like the removal of WinXP/Vista support).
My original thought was to mark the future 2.10 version as the first one without XP/Vista support; so the Win10-2004 bug fitted perfectly there.

But when I was at the "ok, let user test it" stage, I tried to make things easier and have a 2.9.1 with only the Win10-2004 bugfix, nothing else.
So I backported the fix on 2.9.1... but I failed and I did not get back so far. So, to make a long story short, what we have here is 2.9.1+Win10-2004 bugfix+other uncomplete changes ;)

Now I think that the best thing to do is not add more chaos.
It seems that Win10-2004 bugfix worked, so will complete SF list changes (remove bugs), then I'll start a new 2.10 beta thread.

Sorry again for the noise ;)

Pages