Slow Tempo in First Second of MIDI Playback

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Slow Tempo in First Second of MIDI Playback

Hello. ^_^ thanks as always for what you do here. I love MIDI, and discovering your software opened up a whole new world to me with possibilities I didn't know existed.

I'm an experienced user with Virtual MIDI Synth, having used it for years on Windows XP and Windows 7 on a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS.

I recently got a new machine with Windows 10 on it. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Rx, also known as the Audigy 5. The drivers are the latest, and official.

For some reason, whenever I play a MIDI through Virtual MIDI Synth, the first second of playback (if even a full second) has a strange slower tempo, like maybe 30% less than it should be. The pitch is the same - just the speed is reduced. The MIDI then plays fine from there. If I have anything else mapped for MIDI playback other than Virtual MIDI Synth (like the Audigy 5 synths or Microsoft GS Wave Table Synth), the slowness isn't there.

Can anyone help? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Re: Slow Tempo in First Second of MIDI Playback

Anyone? :(

Really have no idea on what's wrong, sorry.
It could be something like slow buffering, but I wonder why just at start and not even during play.

Kyra Pixie wrote:
If I have anything else mapped for MIDI playback...

What kind of MIDI source are you using?
Have you tried VanBasco or another lightweigt MIDI player?

The source is a MIDI from Doom 2.

I tried it with VanBasco and it lagged at first. Then I stopped it and played it again, and it didn't lag (unlike everything else I tried). I'd rather not use that VanBasco as I much prefer Winamp, but it does seem to fix the problem. Thanks. :)