VirtualMIDISynth 2.10 beta

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.10 beta

The mixer window seem to be cut off a bit around the edges. I'm using Windows 10 version 1909.

Attachments (Only registered users)
Annotation 2020-08-23 165305.png
vaporwaver wrote:
Apparently VMS 2.9.1-win10-2004 and 2.10 beta don't detect MIDI mapper 2.0. The "Default MIDI Out device" is still grayed out, as if I haven't installed MIDI mapper yet. I can use the MIDI mapper configurator, but I just wanted to know if this is intentonal or not.

VMS failed to detect the new CoolSoft MIDIMapper 2.0.0, which is now a native x64 application on x64 OS.
Now fixed it in VMS 2.10-beta2, thanks for reporting the bug.

Limyx826 wrote:
The mixer window seem to be cut off a bit around the edges. I'm using Windows 10 version 1909.

This is due to XP support removal that disabled a lot of "compatibility layers" ;)
Now fixed it in VMS 2.10-beta2, thanks for reporting the bug.

krezol wrote:
With this update, the Windows Media Player is crashing when I try to play a midi file. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 2004 AMD64 build.

Have you tried to downgrade to previous version, or completely remove VirtualMIDISynth?
I'm asking because I don't think the issue is strictly related with VMS.

There's a lot of people having errors with MIDI files in Windows Media Player, and few of them have VMS installed.
I've suffered the same issue on Windows 10-1809, where 32bit WMP based softwares were unable to play MIDI files, while x64 versions worked.
It then solved unexpectedly by updating to Windows 10-1903...

You could test by yourself using Media Player Classic, a great (now abandoned) media player that uses WMP libraries.
It is available as portable executable (no need to install), so you could test both x86 and x64 versions.
I bet that x64 version works and x86 crashes like WMP.

Finally, you could try to switch to the x64 version of WMP (which is installed but not used...); please note that this change is not supported nor suggested by Microsoft.

If so, I suggest you use it as your new default player for MIDI files, or switch to the (still, IMHO) best one: VanBasco player.

coolsoft wrote:
krezol wrote:
With this update, the Windows Media Player is crashing when I try to play a midi file. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 2004 AMD64 build.

Have you tried to downgrade to previous version, or completely remove VirtualMIDISynth?
I'm asking because I don't think the issue is strictly related with VMS.

I have tried with the previous version of VMS. Same thing happens plus the annoying driver being removed issue. Is it possible to have the 64 bit and 32 bit driver loaded? (One for each version).

Good news.  After difficulties since the latest windows update, I have now updated the Midi Mapper to version 2 and the Virtual Midi Synth to 2.10.0 beta 2

and all is now working as it did before the Windows update.

RowdyEd

krezol wrote:
Is it possible to have the 64 bit and 32 bit driver loaded? (One for each version).

Which driver are you talking about? VMS?
VMS driver component is installed in both x86 and x64 flavors, then MIDI clients (MIDI players, DAWs, ..) will use the corresponding version (x86 clients use the x86 driver, x64 clients the x64 driver).
As for the VMS synth component, setup installs the one with the same bitness as the OS.

If you're talking about having both x86 and x64 versions of WMP, then they're already there, but Windows is still configuret to use the x86 version (for legacy compatibility...).

rowdyed wrote:
After difficulties since the latest windows update, I have now updated the Midi Mapper to version 2 and the Virtual Midi Synth to 2.10.0 beta 2 and all is now working as it did before the Windows update.

Thanks for reporting it.
I'll release the final 2.10 version in a few days, if no issue arise meanwhile.

Pages