Save raw input to VirtualMIDISynth to MIDI

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Save raw input to VirtualMIDISynth to MIDI

I would really like it if when playing anything that can be output to midi and therefore be played in VirtualMIDISynth
could also be saved into another midi file or something else to store the notes.

This would be very useful for me since I want to save a few files that can be played via MIDI output (like VirtualMIDISynth) to a .midi file.

Re: Save raw input to VirtualMIDISynth to MIDI

It's near to impossible to recreate a MIDI file from a MIDI stream, because the MIDI stream received by VirtualMIDISynth is only a subset of the data contained in a MIDI file.

MIDI file contains info needed by the MIDI player to correctly reproduce the sequence of commands on the MIDI device, like tempo, or other metadata like Author, title and lyrics.
MIDI stream contains only the commands, sent by the player with the correct timing.
VMS should sample the received note commands and "guess" the timing between them; you can imagine how this process is prone to "quantization" errors...

But would it be possible to recreate a MIDI file from a MIDI stream if you gave it the required data?

I know what the tempo is (120 BPM), and the metadata is not important, just the notes.

Theoretically it "would" but it's a huge job, with a lot of tricks.

It's like reconstructing a .doc file from an image scan of it (not a .pdf but a raster image, like the one that comes out of a document scanner).