VirtualMIDISynth 2.12 - Release candidate

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.12 beta

Here's my registry after multiple uninstallations/reinstallations.  Now after installing it, the software doesn't even start up.

My theory is that everytime you reboot Windows ignores the entry for VMS, and adds a new one for their own MIDI port.

Going to jump back to Windows 8.1, as this software is essential for my music synthesis.

EDIT: even after deleting the entries, and restarting Windows, they are just added back.  I have no problem modifying my registry to get stuff to work, but this doesn't seem to help.

Please check into Device Manager: how many VirtualMIDISynth devices do you have there?
You should have only one, but I suppose something went wrong during one of the uninstallations.

Try to uninstall VirtualMIDISynth, then check again.
If you have any VirtualMIDISynth device left behind, remove it by right-clicking it and selecting "Remove device".

Now reboot and you shouldn't have any VirtualMIDISynth.dll entries in Drivers32 registry key.

Finally, reinstall VirtualMIDISynth 2.12 and it should work...

VirtualMIDISynth 2.12.0 has been released.

A big thank to all bug reporters here 😉.

This thread is now closed.

Pages