VirtualMIDISynth

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
VirtualMIDISynth

Hello, I use VirtualMIDISynth with Midilan Optimizer 8.
The Midiport is normaly Microsoft Wavetable Synth.
I use VirtualMIDISynth as Midiport. Than I load many sf2 Samples, becaus I hear nothing.

When I load one sf2 GM Bank, also only one sf2 Sample (there are all GM Sounds in it) I hear the Sounds of all Tracks.
Only one Sound of each Track, I can use the better Sounds!? What can I do?

I can't open the translater mstein in germany, because my englisch is not so good.

Can anywhere help me?

Musician greatings Peter Bengelmann

Re: VirtualMIDISynth

I can't really understand what you say, sorry 🤔.

Please use Google Translate to translate Deutsch --> English so I can try to help you...

Sorry, now sho this >>>>>

When I load several sf2 soundfonts, I cannot hear the individual tracks. 
If I load a GM sf2 soundfont that contains all GM sounds, I can hear all tracks. 
What do I have to do so that I can load and listen to several individual sf2 sound fonts. 
The individual sf2 soundfonts that I have are much better in sound. 
What must / can I do? Musical greetings Peter Bengelmann

Well, it seems that the SF2 soundfonts you have are "not complete", say they don't contain "all the instruments" required by the MIDI file you're playing.

The soundfont configuration list is an "override list", meaning that if you read it from top to bottom, the latest soundfont "overrides" the previous one only for the instruments it contains.

So, if you load a full GM soundfont at the top, then you load an SF2 that contains only Acoustic Grand Piano samples and you enable both SF2, the final result is that you'll play all of the first SF2 instrumenta but the Acoustic Grand Piano which will be played from the second SF2 file and so on...

I don't know why, but the latest version 2.12.0 on my windows 10 doesn't show it to me, I click the configuration and it doesn't appears,

i had to go back to the previous version 2.11.2

Naicols wrote:

I don't know why, but the latest version 2.12.0 on my windows 10 doesn't show it to me, I click the configuration and it doesn't appears,

i had to go back to the previous version 2.11.2

Please do not hijack this unrelated thread; start a new thread in Bug reports forum...