virtualmidisynth.dll Driver causes compatibility issue with EasyAntiCheat in some Unity-based games

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
virtualmidisynth.dll Driver causes compatibility issue with EasyAntiCheat in some Unity-based games

This isn't as much as an issue with VMS as it is EAC but basically on rare occasions when i launch Robocraft basically the anticheat software will close or crash the game with the error message: "Untrusted file: virtualmidisynth.dll" demonstrating that EAC thinks its a cheating tool. Similar to how many AVirus programs have falsely reported VMS as malware. Just thought I might put this out there.

Fortunately this only happens every so often and can be fixed by jsut restarting the game. Bam.

I'm gonna tell the EAC devs about this but I wanted to let you guys know too so you were aware.

Re: virtualmidisynth.dll Driver causes compatibility issue with EasyAntiCheat in some Unity-based games

Thanks for reporting it.

I thought about signing my binaries in the past, to make them more "recognizable" by AV vendors; but I postponed it because I suspected it being a tedious lot of work.

This is another point in favor of accelerating the signing process ;)

Re: virtualmidisynth.dll Driver causes compatibility issue with EasyAntiCheat in some Unity-based games

Causes issues with BattleEye as well.

A quick workaround to this is to blacklist the game executable in VMS.

Open "Configurator | Options | Device settings | MIDI clients blacklist" and add the exe to the list, then restart both VMS and the game itself.
VMS should not be loaded in game process memory space anymore.

Closing this because VMS binaries were signed starting from version 2.12.