latest version crashes

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

latest version crashes

Hi. The latest Version can crash if u change during playback the reverb and chorus if u click after change "apply" button. So VMS close itself.  The other thing is it seems the reverb / chorus level sounds now like open and close. Before update i got more range. 65% sounds now like 100%. too much so i have set it back to 50%.  maybe the new bassmidi .dll? I downloaded the old midi.dll from un4seen site 2.4.13.0. Now the problem is gone. So maybe u can check this out ;) did they change the reverb chorus levels?

Re: latest version crashes

it seems all settings in the menu i want to "apply" during playback crashes.

ex-driver wrote:
The latest Version can crash if u change during playback the reverb and chorus if u click after change "apply" button.

I've done the same exact sequence of operations you've posted:

1. play something
  2. open settings (also tried with settings dialog already opened...)
  3. change reverb/chorus
  4. click Apply

and guess what...? No crash on my side 😔

Does VMS crash on your side with some visible error?
Or does it throw something relevant to the Event Viewer?

ex-driver wrote:
The other thing is it seems the reverb / chorus level sounds now like open and close. Before update i got more range. 65% sounds now like 100%.

See this Un4seen forum thread for further info

Here is a video where it appears. There is no error message. If i patch back to an older Bassmidi 2.4.13.0. It gone.

https://www.file2send.eu/de/download/CiDu52c4rzo0aQKkXDKfNZU23fqWoL1272F...

sry i forgot that i can upload it here XD. Sry for my last post. There u can see how it crashes.

The other thing:

I have read that they change the reverb level but its not my taste of this opinion. Now its sounds like always 100% even 0%. and my samples are only set to 50% most of them. The reverb settings seems now to be broken. I can set it to 0 and got reverb XD. Sound like the Values have no effect of them. if i checked override its the same thing. O.o

Attachments (Only registered users)
test.rar
ex-driver wrote:
There u can see how it crashes.

Thanks for the video.
I've tried the same steps (multiple times, both faster and slower) but I can't replicate the bug on my side 😥.

Maybe a full uninstall/reboot/install cycle could help (I know this is not a "technical" answer, but I'm really out of ideas...).

ex-driver wrote:
I added a screenshot of it.

BASSMIDI.dll included in latest VMS is 2.4.13.42, while the one included in previous version was 2.4.13.16; in the screenshot I see you're using bassmidi.dll version 2.4.14.0.

This means it crashes even with the latest.
I hope Ian can find out what's wrong...

Please keep this thread updated.

Attachments (Only registered users)
event.jpg

Maybe i found something. The Bassmidi.dll crashes and it seems that the new bass.dll 2.4.16.0 and 2.4.16.7 let bass midi crash. Today I did a clean installation of VMS. Where u said appear no crash. After I patch to 2.4.14.0 no crash.

VMS synth bass.dll is 2.4.15.0. after i patch to 2.4.16.0 or .7 bassmidi.dll will crash. the funny thing if i patch bassmidi.dll back to 2.4.13.0 with 2.4.14.0 no crash. when i use 2.4.14.0 and i patch bass.dll it back to 2.4.15.0 no crash. I reported Ian Luck this. Maybe he can find out what bass.dll do with bassmidi. I dont know if its a VMS thing with the latest bass.dll. I hope u can now create the crash. ;) u have to use the latest bass.dll to see that.

Well, it's becoming really hard for me to follow your tests; you've mixed so much version combinations, I'm a bit confused 😵

Anyway, I've tried to build a version of VMS with all the latest versions of BASS libs (BASS 2.4.16.7, BASSMIDI 2.4.14.0) and... still no crashes on my side.

I hope Ian could find what's wrong, with the help of your crash dumps.
Feel free to link the post on un4seen forum here, if any.

sry for confusing you. ;)

it seems that one older dll can crash the other new dll  in clear fact. i hope ian will find out whats going on there.

Pages