midi mapper for web browsers

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
midi mapper for web browsers

I use the ultimate-guitar.com website for learning new songs. Their "pro" tabs are not available for download and use with the guitar pro software so you're forced to playing back songs in the browser. The issue is the browser in windows 10 only seems to use the Default MS Wavetable Synth which is garbage. I'd like for the browser to leverage the midi-mapper which this awesome software fixes. So now my default device in windows is my midi out which is great, except for the web browser which continues to use the MS Wavetable Synth. Anyone know a way to force any of the browsers our there to use the midimapper instead?

Re: midi mapper for web browsers

Some questions:

• which "Windows 10 web browser" are you talking about? Is it Edge? Have you tried another one, like Chrome or Firefox?
  • are you sure that ultimate-guitar.com uses WebMIDI specs to access real hardware MIDI devices or, as I suppose, the free version only plays an on-line generated synthesis (so what you listen is a low-quality "analog" rendering)?

To check my second thought, you can try this https://chrome.soundation.com/
It's an on-line MIDI DAW that will access your local MIDI devices.
I've checked it with VirtualMIDISynth (once opened in Chrome it causes VMS to start) so it should also work with CoolSoft MIDIMapper.