"another instance of virtualmidisynth is already running, but can't find it" on restart.

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
"another instance of virtualmidisynth is already running, but can't find it" on restart.

I have found that Virtuaslmidisynth has created autorun entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run in addition to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\VirtualMIDISynth.lnk so it tries to launch twice.

Re: "another instance of virtualmidisynth is already running, but can't find it" on restart.
kotenok2000 wrote:
I have found that Virtuaslmidisynth has created autorun entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Yes, I confirm that VMS uses that key to autostart itself at user logon

kotenok2000 wrote:
in addition to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\VirtualMIDISynth.lnk

No, VMS has never used that way; none of the 2.x versions had it (1.x didn't have an  autostart option at all...

kotenok2000 wrote:
it tries to launch twice

VMS uses only the "registry way" to automatically start up at user logon.
I wonder who set it and how, but after checking the whole sources history I can confirm it was not VMS... 😉