Is it ok if I add this another Windows package manager?

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Is it ok if I add this another Windows package manager?

Hello Coolsoft, I really like your software, PDF property extension.

I am thinking of adding this program as a package to a package manager for Windows called Scoop. It's a package manager that is very similar to Chocolatey, but it's written mostly in PowerShell (except for the shim, which is written in C-lang) instead of C#. Unlike Chocolatey, Scoop doesn't pollute your PATH variable with useless file paths. When you uninstall a package that is installed with Scoop, it will remove the package's file-path from your PATH variable. Scoop also has built in autoupdating via a github-actions bot to keep all the packages in Scoop up to date. Chocolatey does not have this feature, instead it relies on its community of volunteers who use their free time to keep the Chocolatey packages up to date, which is not always reliable for the customer.

In order for me to add this as a package to Scoop, the first thing that needs to be done is the creation of a persistent link (a link that does not expire) for this file, PdfPropertyExtension_x.x.x.exe.  If you could please do such, it would really help prevent a lot of future download errors. If that is too much to ask of you, you could always upload the latest file to GitHub, Sourceforge, or any website that allows for file-hosting.

I hope you take to consider this.

Thanks,
    - Zliced13.

Re: Is it ok if I add this another Windows package manager?

Thanks for considering PdfPropertyExtension for inclusion in Scoop.

PdfPropertyExtension, as like all of my other softwares here on CoolSoft, is free to use but not open source; that's why it's hosted on this website and not on Github (for free).

The only income I get from them comes from the few Ads shown here around (that help me pay the hosting and the devices used to develop/test);
and, believe me, in the latest years incomes decreased near to zero!

So... I'm sorry but people being able to download them "blindly" doesn't excite me... 😉

I hope can you understand my position

Okay then. How about, do you mind I use a custom PowerShell script that will invoke a web request to this part of your website, (https://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/download/PdfPropertyExtension_1.16.2.exe) and retrieve a string that matches this regex,

(https\://coolsoft\.altervista\.org/en/download/PdfPropertyExtension_([\d.]+)\.exe\?tckt\=([\w]+))

Would that still give you revenue, or not?

The script:

$url = 'https://coolsoft.altervista.org/en'

$cont_1 = Invoke-RestMethod "$url/pdfpropertyextension"

$version = ''

if ($cont_1 -match 'v\.(?[\d.]+)\s\-') { $version = $Matches.Ver }

$r_version = $version.Replace('.', '\.')

$cont_2 = Invoke-RestMethod "$url/download/PdfPropertyExtension_$version.exe"

$regex = "(?download/PdfPropertyExtension_${r_version}\.exe\?tckt=[\w]+)"

if ($cont_2 -match $regex) { $url += "/$($Matches.Part)" }

$f_name = $url.Split('/').Split('?')[5]

$output = [System.IO.Path]::Join($env:USERPROFILE, 'Downloads', $f_name)

(Invoke-WebRequest $url -OutFile $output)
Zliced13 wrote:
Would that still give you revenue, or not?

The only thing that gives revenue is a full page load/show.
Google Adsense is really strict about that 😉