Virtualmidisynth mixer

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Virtualmidisynth mixer

Hello Coolsoft.

First of all, thank you for a great program!

I have a couple of questions that had been driving me crazy for the past week.

I use a program OMB11 (one man band) with your Virtualmidisynth. The problem I have is of this nature. Jos, the creator of OMB dismissed the mixer function in new version of the program and to change patches / effects, balance etc., became a bit awkward and very time consuming.  I have read that it might be possible that you will include in future versions of Virtualmidisynth the feature of effects etc,  but here is my question: Is there a software mixer of some sort that can be installed that would allow me to change the patches/effects that would create a link between Virtualmidisynth and OMB? 

Question #2  I know that in Virtualmidisynth you can chain soundfonts. How does this work in this example? Lets say I have SGM-V2 bank and then another bank (Gold drums) with only drums. How do I play drums from Gold drums and all other instruments from SGM-V2 bank in midi sequence (in OMB)?

I am sorry if I sound primitive, but my knowledge in midi is very limitted. I thank you in advance for responding.

Best regards,

Michael.

Re: Virtualmidisynth mixer
Xab wrote:
Is there a software mixer of some sort that can be installed that would allow me to change the patches/effects that would create a link between Virtualmidisynth and OMB?

The first that comes to my mind is MIDIOX, a MIDI processor that could be put in between OMB and VMS.
It worths a try...

Xab wrote:
Question #2  I know that in Virtualmidisynth you can chain soundfonts. How does this work in this example?

Read FAQ #8 for an explanation of how soundfont chain works.
AFAIK your example fits perfectly.