More flexibility for font definitions

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
More flexibility for font definitions

Hi,

I would like to define a label as underlined, but I would like to use $(^Font) as font name and $(^Fontsize) as size. The fact is I sometimes modify the stub using Resource hacker, and all elements resize well except custom defined fonts.

I assume I could use ControlCustomScript, but it would be just a workaround. It would be really nice if I could use those system variables to create "relative" fonts.

Thanks

Re: More flexibility for font definitions

ControlCustomScript can be safely used to put your custom "needings".
I'll wrote only the font-related part into ControlCustomScript part, leaving the rest managed by NSISDialogDesigner:

SendMessage $hCtl_Form1_Label1 ${WM_SETFONT} $(^Font) 0

Hope I correctly understood your question, otherwise feel free to post a sample script here and describe how it should be.

I just needed to define a font using the current family name and size, but underlined. I solved it using this CustomControlScript:

CreateFont $0 "$(^Font)" "$(^FontSize)" "400" /UNDERLINE
SendMessage $hCtl_mypage_label3 ${WM_SETFONT} $0 0

If I could had set font's size and name as ^Font and ^FontSize directly using the properties panel, then I won't needed to define a CustomControlScript. Not a big issue, obviously.

All started when I changed main font using SetFont (and/or Resoure Hacker), and then every custom page's layout broke because fonts aren't created as relative to the main font... Now I have to manually fix every label, defining CustomControlScript for each label.

Another idea could be a single CustomScript at page level where you read the desired font only once:

SendMessage $hCtl_mypage ${WM_GETFONT} $0 0

Then set this font to all other controls:

SendMessage $hCtl_mypage_label1 ${WM_SETFONT} $0 0
SendMessage $hCtl_mypage_label2 ${WM_SETFONT} $0 0
SendMessage $hCtl_mypage_label3 ${WM_SETFONT} $0 0

Haven't tested it but it should work...