Assorted pitch issues with 2.13+

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Assorted pitch issues with 2.13+

I am running Windows 10, and was using VirtualMIDISynth 2.12.5 until recently.  I have been working on a MIDI project, and I use Winamp 5.666 (I know, ancient!) as my primary playback for MIDI files.  I finished a soundtrack in August, and everything sounded great.  At the end of November, I updated VMS to 2.13.2 (and today to 2.13.4 after discovering this problem).

With 2.13+ I am getting issues where some pitch bends are just not working properly, and since my project uses pitch bend extensively, it sounds awful.  There are a few parts where the pitch should flow smoothly from one note, down, and back up again, which doesn't happen properly.  Another section is just a straight pitch adjustment, but again, it just doesn't happen so all of the notes are out of tune.

It may be restricted to Winamp.  I did try Windows Media Player and I believe it worked fine in that.  I'm not sure what specifically would cause the problem.

I reverted to 2.12.5 and the issues went away.

What further info can I provide to try to pinpoint the problem?

Re: Assorted pitch issues with 2.13+

Sorry for the late reply.

I've just released 2.13.5; it fixes some synth issues when additional output buffer is set.

Could you please check it out and confirm if it still have your bug?
If so, we'll start from there 😉

Re: Assorted pitch issues with 2.13+
coolsoft wrote:

Sorry for the late reply.

I've just released 2.13.5; it fixes some synth issues when additional output buffer is set.

Could you please check it out and confirm if it still have your bug?
If so, we'll start from there 😉

I know it's been almost a year, but with 2.13.7 running on Win10, I still get some odd pitch bends!