Error 6 while opening MIDI Stream

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
Error 6 while opening MIDI Stream

I have VMS installed in my PC. And it worked well a week. Great MIDI software. But in a moment it doesn't.
I received a Error 6 while opening MIDI Stream error message. After reinstalling the program several times, I can't run it, and still receive the same error message. I've tried restore windows system to a earlier date too, but without effect. My system is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1, 8 Gb RAM, hd 1,5Tb.
Please help, thanks.

Re: Error 6 while opening MIDI Stream

Sorry for the late reply ;)

Fernando Bitencourt wrote:
I received a Error 6 while opening MIDI Stream error message.

Error 6 means "unsupported sample format"; BASS official documentation says:

The sample format is not supported by the device/drivers. If the stream is more than stereo or the BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT flag is used, it could be that they are not supported.

BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT is active on Windows 7, so something happened at your sound card device driver level.

Here's a short checklist:

• check that you selected the right audio device into VirtualMIDISynth configurator | Options
  • check that you selected a supported sample rate (48000 or 44100Hz) in VirtualMIDISynth configurator | Advanced options
  • update your soundcard device driver to the latest available
  • check if you changed something into sound card configuration, like output mode, sample rate, ...