Current version not updated on web server

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Current version not updated on web server

Hi there!

After donating 10$ for this awesome product, I noticed a newer version is available, 1.8.2.0, and my 1.8.1.0 didn't detect it as an update.

You probably forgot to update the version on your web server ;)

Thank you for this beautiful piece of software! Too bad it doesn't really work in Windows 8 as I've heard (is that still correct? I'm not using Windows 8 anymore).

Greetings,
PacMani

Re: Current version not updated on web server

Thank you both for your donation and feedback.

Version check is fixed now.
I wonder how could I have forgotten it for such a long time... ;)

Yes, it is fixed now :D thanks

By the way, this guy was able to change the default midi device on Windows 8.1 too (I tested it, it works flawlessy!):

http://www.benryves.com/products/vistamidi

It looks like the typical Vista / 7 switcher tools, but it's not. It works on Windows 8, really!
The source is also inside the download. Maybe it helps you!

I took two snapshots of my Windows registry before and after running that tool; it changes only the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\devenum\{4EFE2452-168A-11D1-BC76-00C04FB9453B}\Default MidiOut Device\MidiOutId

and sets it to the ID of the default device.

This is exactly the same thing VirtualMIDISynth configurator does when user changes the selected device into Windows Media Player default device setting into MIDI Mapper tab.
Moreover, VirtualMIDISynth configurator also changes this other key (only on 64 bit systems):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\devenum 64-bit\{4EFE2452-168A-11D1-BC76-00C04FB9453B}\Default MidiOut Device\MidiOutId

so even 64bit players should work correctly (tested with Media Player Classic x64).

Thanks for your feedback ;)