Also emulate MIDI device input

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Also emulate MIDI device input

In my Music in Technology class in school, we do something where before we export to an audio file, we set the MIDI track to run through the keyboard w/ the synth, then have another track recording the input from the device. I was wondering if you could add the ability to emulate MIDI getting sent back to the computer so that I can do this at home where I'm using VMS instead of a keyboard (b/c I don't have one).

Thanks for your time and for making this, CT

--

CTMiner

Using: Windows 10, Cakewalk SONAR, VB-Cable, VanBasco Player

Re: Also emulate MIDI device input

So I just realized how stupid that sounds after posting that. What would probably make more sense would be an option to take the ouput and emulate a microphone on the system which can be fed back into (theoretically any) program.

--

CTMiner

VirtualMIDISynth is a MIDI-Out device, how could it be a MIDI-Input?

Maybe you could try to setup what you need with MIDIOX, a MIDI swiss-knife tool.

Sorry, I corrected myself after in the comment. This is because on my computer I can't capture the system sound output in the program I'm using (SONAR), so I'm kind of stuck in terms of bouncing MIDI. I could use Audacity to record it (system sound output) and then insert it into SONAR, but that'd be a royal pain to do and would be very messy. 

--

CTMiner

Never mind, I figured out how to do this by using http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm as the forced output for my synth and then setting the microphone side of it to feed through the speakers in the recording devices properties (user listen). Thanks for your time and hope this helps anyone else who tries to do this.

--

CTMiner

Thanks for sharing your solution with other users.
It surely will be useful.