SF dedicated to VMS and Midi Fans

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
SF dedicated to VMS and Midi Fans

Please let me know how its sounds to you all. Midi files included not edited for comparison. Thank you.

http://1drv.ms/1LZrpbu

Re: SF dedicated to VMS and Midi Fans

Piano fixed from some chorus effect

http://1drv.ms/1M0C7OO

Thanks for posting it, will try it ASAP.

PS: maybe it's time to create a SoundFonts forum and move all SF related threads there... what do you think about?

Yes, soundfont section will be cool. But midis are very important to reference the sounds: I noticed some soundfonts are specially made for specific midis and if you play common files are really scary sounding. BTW Fluid and other SF are gone forever from my HD since I compared with my favorites and good midis. But thats my humble opinion. I hope my SF satisfies everyone needs, knowing that some midis are bad to any SF. Another thing is not all SF will sound the same in different programs, like Synthfont (gone for me), Kontakt and Samplelord as VSTi. I made SF mainly with VMS and Polyphone. Thank you for your VMS. I will donate whenever possible.

coolsoft wrote:

PS: maybe it's time to create a SoundFonts forum and move all SF related threads there... what do you think about?

yes, that would be nice, Claudio :)

Abner wrote:

Another thing is not all SF will sound the same in different programs, like Synthfont (gone for me), Kontakt and Samplelord as VSTi. I made SF mainly with VMS and Polyphone. Thank you for your VMS. I will donate whenever possible.

Actually in my opinion, the best SF2 player VSTi that 99.9% conformed to the soundfont's specification is rgc/cakewalk's sfz+, but it's gone dead, LOL.

And of course, nothing beats VMS for the midi synth driver, all of the SF2 parameters has been well-covered.

Polyphone is also a great choice, good luck to you!

coolsoft wrote:

That would be terrific; most of the SF sites are dead these days, and there are still people that use them