Making a Playlist for MIDI files

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Making a Playlist for MIDI files

Hello, I'm looking for a MIDI player that can send MIDI files to a player piano (with a MIDI interface on it).  I'm a newbie to VirtualMIDISynth and need to know if/how I can do the following: I want to put midi files in a playlist and play them  to a USB port on my PC running WIN 7 64bit. What else do I need besides VirtualMIDISynth? Do I need a MIDI file player? If so, can you recommend a free one?  Do I need soundfonts for this to work? Thanks, Kevin.

Re: Making a Playlist for MIDI files

You don't need VirtualMIDISynth in your setup.
VirtualMIDISynth is a (virtual) MIDI device, as like as your USB MIDI Keyborad should be.

You need to:

1. Install a MIDI player that allows MIDI out selection, like VanBasco (available for free).
    Please note that, starting from Windows7, you need to install it by right-clicking on its setup file then "select Run as administrator".
  2. Open VanBasco, right click on it (or press ALT+S) to open configuration and check if your keyboard is included in available devices.
  3. If not, configure the MIDI keyboard in your system to be seen in available MIDI output devices (i.e. install device drivers, enable it, ...) then get back to point 2.

VanBasco has the playlist feature you need.