VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta1 released
coolsoft wrote:
Can you confirm alpha versions worked good?

Yes it worked good.

coolsoft wrote:
Could you also try with FluidR3_GM.sf2 soundfont (you can find its download link in VMS1 webpage)?

Tried it...same result.

coolsoft wrote:
Have you uninstalled alpha* before running the beta1 setup?

Yes, several times.   Also, being asked twice for a language did not re-occur. 

coolsoft wrote:
Do you, by any chance, upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows Vista?

Yes, I upgraded.

coolsoft wrote:
Could you please right-click on VirtualMIDISynth.exe --> Properties --> Compatibility and double check that no compatibility mode is set?

Confirmed, no compatibility mode is set (BTW: Good suggestion).

Update: I tried it with just Windows Media player and it worked.

It doesn't seem to work with Record Producer (my preferred Midi composing program).
How sad :(

Your bug report let me discover two subtle bugs, lying around for sometime.

coolsoft wrote:
During install it asked me what language to use twice.

This was a bug in all previous Uninstallation procedures (starting from VirtualMIDISynth 1.x). Uninstall sould not ask for language, it should default to the one selected during the installation.
Again, to make it worst, Install language was asked after the previous version Uninstall started...
Now fixed, but sadly we won't see its effect soon because I can't change the behavior of already existing uninstallers.

Steve Wellens wrote:
It doesn't seem to work with Record Producer (my preferred Midi composing program).

I downloaded the trial version of Record Producer and tested it on my side.
Last version working is Alpha23, while from Alpha24 the bug appears.
After a debug session I found a subtle bug that lead to such a big effect on Record Producer and also made an Alpha24 feature (Optimized MIDI queue; NoteOFF messages now are not dropped in case of a queue-full situation. This should reduce stale notes with Black MIDIs) completely useless.

Will release Beta2 soon, thanks again for your bug report!

Steve Wellens wrote:
coolsoft wrote:
coolsoft wrote:
Do you, by any chance, upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows Vista?
Yes, I upgraded.

No more ideas, sorry.
Well, it's only a "cosmetic" issue, let's go over it ;)

VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta2 released

Just released Beta2, here's the changelist:

v.2.0.0-beta2 - 2016-01-09

• NEW: Soundfont property editor now shows soundfont details like name, copyright, comment and contained presets.
  • FIX: MIDI Client was sometimes returned a wrong queue-full value.
    This also made the alpha24 feature "Optimized MIDI queue; NoteOFF messages now are not dropped in case of a queue-full situation..." broken and useless.
  • FIX: Fixed wrong BASS error message descriptions.
  • FIX: Setup won't wait for the previous version uninstaller to complete before proceeding.

Look at first page post for the download link.

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta2 released

Confirmed:  Record Producer now works with Beta2!   Thank you so much.

If you still have Record Producer installed, there is still another problem.  Sometimes, I would loop a track and then change the patch on the fly to see how different instruments sound.  For a long time, this hasn't worked...it seems to grab instruments at random.  I've been manually changing the patch number as a work around.

Here's the dialog box where it's done (right click on the Pch column):

I tested coolsoft_virtualmıdısynth_2.0.0-beta2.zip. Everything was fine. until remove it. I did remove it. the computer enters a deadly mistake. I never fix it. the computer hangs. I barely even took a screenshot. I got back from system image and got a lot of lost data. For your information.

My OS Windows 8.1 x64

Attachments (Only registered users)
eror.png

https://www.facebook.com/hakfire/

hakan.ates wrote:
I got back from system image and got a lot of lost data. For your information.

I'm really sorry to hear it. I used system restore only once in my life and (I hope) I'll never use it again: it restored not only the system but also my data, but my old data (damn!).

Anyway, it seems that the driver component was not removed (will investigate why) and those errors are shown when some system process tries to load it.
If your system restore was not successful and you still have the problem, as a temporary fix, just manually delete file VirtualMIDISynth.dll in both folders C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
If files are in use and can't be deleted, try to start your system in Safe mode.

Sorry again for it.

System Restore should not touch your data:

Some settings may be gone, like recent file lists.   Check again, your data should be OK.

The Beta2 works really good!

I have a question.
Whenever I set the voice limit to a value higher than 2000, it still limits them to 2000.

You did that on purpose, right? o:

Aparently Beta 2 have an issue which when i play big Black MIDIs with high voice limits like 2000, the MIDI player starts to slow down (not dramatically as Alpha 17 but kinda like the older Alpha 17).

KaleidonKep99 wrote:

I have a question.

Whenever I set the voice limit to a value higher than 2000, it still limits them to 2000.

The 2000 voices limit problem is casued becasue it still uses the older bassmidi.dll 2.4.9.15 (used in Alpha 24) instead of the newest version (2.4.9.22). Please check the script for the installer settings. I tried with the current bassmidi.dll and is still possible to reach over 2000 voices on the about page

Carlos S. M. - Black MIDI Team Member
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgVv5sa3hZluRZ8AQdq5tEg

Pages