VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 1 released

Thanks for your feedback and soundfont too.
Will test it ASAP.

Meanwhile, have a look at this thread where people talk about soundfonts:
http://coolsoft.altervista.org/forum/thread/314

If you upload your work there it could gain much more visibility...

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-RC2 has been released with the following new features and bug fixes:

v.2.0.0-rc2 - 2016-10-05

• NEW: Updated BASS versions: BASS 2.4.12.8, BASSMIDI 2.4.9.30 and BASSENC 2.4.13.4.
  • NEW: Added more languages (thanks to translators).
  • NEW: Added setup option /skip_locked_check to skip locked files check.
  • FIX: Increased to 30 seconds the time MIDI devices are kept in fast-update mode (1ms) after the last received MIDI event.
  • FIX: Workaround for MIDI clients (re)opening the same device more than once, now they won't receive a failure anymore.

In the options menu it's possible to select 'Output audio device'.

Is it possible to make this "per MIDI device" option, so that each (of 4) VirtualMIDISynth devices can play on individual audio devices?

Radovan Novakovic
Sydney, Australia

Anonymous user

I noticed in Canidate 1 that it causes all versions of Anvil Studio to crash. Any explanation for this?

novakovr wrote:
Is it possible to make this "per MIDI device" option, so that each (of 4) VirtualMIDISynth devices can play on individual audio devices?

Well, the first thing that comes to my mind is how the configuration UI should be designed to let this feature be easy configurable by most of users.
I mean, most of them use a single MIDI device, a few of other users uses multiple MIDI devices linked to a single analog output device and (I think) a very small group of users will use multiple MIDI with multiple analog devices.
So the configuration dialog should be "dynamic", like the soundfonts list: if you enable 1 MIDI device you only have 1 green "activation LED"; the more you enable the more LEDs you get...

Anyway, I'll add your request to the TODO list; it will be added after the 2.0 official release.

Meanwhile if you (or and anybody reading this) have any suggestion on implementation please shera your thoughts; how dou you imagine the configuration of this feature should appear?
(a good idea is better that start from scratch...)

snappyapple632 wrote:
I noticed in Canidate 1 that it causes all versions of Anvil Studio to crash. Any explanation for this?

Further details needed:

• which version of Anvil is crashing?
  • post the debug report of your system generated by VirtualMIDISynth (see the About tab in configuration dialog) or give info on it (OS version, Service Packs, ...)
  • did the last Beta version crash or the bug started between Beta6 and RC1?

Just popping in to say thanks for this project. I am at beta5 and waiting for stable 2.0 release to update.

I don't post because I don't really have any problems anymore since I switched from 1.x to 2.x

No more lagging.

OTTIMO SYNTH

In fase di conversione midi to mp3 manca la possibilità di eliminare la 4° traccia o quelche si vuol togliere.

Come possibile farlo?

ToniLive wrote:

OTTIMO SYNTH

In fase di conversione midi to mp3 manca la possibilità di eliminare la 4° traccia o quelche si vuol togliere.

Come possibile farlo?

Attualmente non è prevista la possibilità di modificare la traccia durante la conversione.
In futuro la conversione userà, oltre alla configurazione Soundfont del device #1 , anche il suo Mixer.

Grazie per l'ottimo lavoro che state facendo, volevo chiedere se gentilmente fosse possibile applicare alla nuiova release la possibilità di applicare un effetto di riverbero generale (su tutte le tracce,  in realtime o vst, se questa opzione c'è già chiedo venia, altrimenti sarebbe il non plus ultra in questo sw.  Grazie ancora.

Pages