MIDI instruments scrambled

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
MIDI instruments scrambled

Hello people,

This is probably going to be a long shot, but I just spent three hours trying and failing to find a forum dedicated to MIDI support in general, and seeing as Coolsoft Virtual MIDIsynth is one of the programs that causes the problem, I'll just ask for advice here.

A professional composer/transcriber gave me a MIDI file which he exported from Sibelius and which he wants me to play and study. It has 16 channels and 42 tracks.
For some reason, the trombones play trombones and flutes, the timpani play timpani and clarinet notes, etc, while clarinets and flutes refuse to play.

The person in question definitely did NOT transcribe the music like this, he sent me separate sections of the orchestra and they all work, it's just the combination that never works.
The same problem occurs when I open the file using Microsoft's Wavetable, but a certain MIDI player (can't remember which one now) played the file just fine.

What is going on here? I'd love to play this file using my soundfonts and Virtual MidiSynth and am totally baffled. 

Re: MIDI instruments scrambled

I'm not such a low-level MIDI expert, and not a musician at all, so I have no idea of what's going on.

Anyway feel free to post/link that file here so i (and other users too) can check it out on my system with VMS.
If you like to keep it "reserved" you can send it to me using the contact form.