No Audio

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
No Audio

Hello! I've been having an odd bug with VirtualMidiSynth. One day, for some reason, everything that I set to use it just stopped playing audio.

The crappy, built-in synth works just fine, however, and my master audio is at the max, my soundfont is selected, and none of the fixes have worked for me.

I'm running on the newest version of VirtualMidiSynth (2.0.0) and it's never given me problems before.

My soundfont is Fluid R3 GM (By the way, to anyone who hasn't installed it yet: Get it. It's the best soundfont out there in my opinion.)

PC Specs:

AMD A6-7310 w/ Radeon R4 Graphics

4 GB DDR3 RAM@1600mhz (1.6 ghz)

Windows 10 Home

1 TB HDD

(Also, if you want more details, just look up HP-B010, that's what I'm on)

Sincerely,

orangeninja27

Re: No Audio

Quick checklist:

1. VirtualMIDISynth selected as output device within your MIDI player
  2. Check if VirtualMIDISynth is started (systray icon is visible)
  3. Open VirtualMIDISynth MIDI Mixer and check if channels have activity (at the top of each channel you should see a blinking green led)
  4. Check VirtualMIDISynth MIDI mixer Master volume is at 100% and none of the MIDI channels is muted
  5. Open Windows Audio mixer (right click on volume icon on systray and select "Open volume mixer"); now you should see a volue slider for each of the opened audio programs: check that VirtualMIDISynth has its own slider set to 100% and also the Master volume is set to 100%.

Report back which of the points above fails...

Surprisingly enough, point 5 had failed. All the other ones were just fine (the LEDs were on). I have no idea how VirtualMidiSynth's audio got muted, but it was and now I feel very stupid. Thanks for the help, though.

Glad you fixed it, and thanks for reporting it back.