[SOLVED] Capella playAlong does not start with v.2.0.0 of VirtualMIDISynth

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
[SOLVED] Capella playAlong does not start with v.2.0.0 of VirtualMIDISynth

Capella Play along does not initialize using VirtualMidiSynthesizer 2.0.0 . It hangs and hast to be forced from the system. This was working before with VMS 1.17.1

According to the developer Mr. Koch "Capella Play Along" hangs within a Windows DLL when initializing the CD Burner. VMS seems to block a module and does not return.

An english version of Capella Play Along can be downloaded ( full function trial version ) here: http://www.capella-software.com/us/index.cfm/download/download-capella-p...

Re: Capella playAlong does not start with v.2.0.0 of VirtualMIDISynth

Just tried capella playAlong 3.0-55 on my test system (Win10-x64) and it starts without any issue.
Honestly speaking I don't know how it works and what/how it should be configured.

I only tried to configure output devices and saw that only analog outputs are shown, VirtualMIDISynth is not there.

As a workaround you could try to blacklist playAlong executable ("C:\Program Files (x86)\capella-software\capella playAlong 3.0\cpa3.exe" on my side) in VMS2 advanced configuration dialog.
This way it should not be loaded by playAlong.

Feel free to report back any further info.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The blacklist was the first thing I did to circumvent the problem. It worked, but it also prevented, as expected, CPA from using VMS.
By the way, VMS is not shown in the configuration. This is correct behaviour of CPA. The MIDI Output device will be selected later ( in step 1 ). There you can see VMS if it is available.

Meanwhile the developer of CPA did some changes to his code. He doesnt ask for the loadness of the instruments during startup any longer and the problem disappeared.

PeterBecker wrote:
Meanwhile the developer of CPA did some changes to his code. He doesnt ask for the loadness of the instruments during startup any longer and the problem disappeared.

Good, I mark this bug as solved.
Feel free to reopen it if needed.