How to send MIDI to VirtualMIDISynth from a MIDI loopback

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
How to send MIDI to VirtualMIDISynth from a MIDI loopback

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get VirtualMIDISynth to accept MIDI data from a MIDI loopback like loopBE or MIDI Yoke?
I would like to route the MIDI output stream from my sequencer to VirtualMIDISynth and to another application.  I can select the loopback as the target for my source application and as the source for this other application but VirtualMIDISynth has to be selected as a target device and there seems to be no mechanism for loopback devices to do this.
Am I missing something or is my requirement impossible to meet?

Re: How to send MIDI to VirtualMIDISynth from a MIDI loopback

AFAIK a loopback transforms a target (the loopback device itself) to a source selectable as an input device, like a keyboard.

Before VMS I've used the chain VanBasco -> MIDI Yoke/LoopBe1 -> SynthFont.

VanBasco needs a target (output device), LoopBe1 exposes a virtual output device linked to a virtual input device, then SynthFont uses this input device as its source.

For what you need I suppose you should use MIDI-OX (http://www.midiox.com/) to clone your input MIDI stream in two copies and send one to VMS and the other to your instrument.
BEWARE: MIDI-OX is a MIDI swiss knife, with a lot of features and utils; I mean, it could be hard to use it (and I'm not such a good user) ;)

Re: How to send MIDI to VirtualMIDISynth from a MIDI loopback

Thanks for your response.

The chain you describe is what I am trying to achieve, but VirtualMidiSynth does not allow the user to select its input stream; the stream has to select VirtualMIDISynth as its target; which can't be done from any of the loopback device I've found.

I'll try MidiOx.

Thanks