VMS 2.3 bugged

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
VMS 2.3 bugged

VMS 2.3 [latest, jan 16, 2018] only recognizes 1 (one) instance; and even that one will not playback after replay in same app.

Anybody else?

The last stable one I had was 2.2.1 OR 2.1. I don't remember. (How do I download 2.2.1?)

How do I easily replace VMS with the older?

MY OS:

WIN Vista AND another w/ WIN 7. Both experience this same issue.

Re: VMS 2.3 bugged
JM_1234321 wrote:
only recognizes 1 (one) instance

What you mean with that?
If you mean "I have only VirtualMIDISynth #1", then you need to increase the number of virtual devices in Configurator|Options tab.

JM_1234321 wrote:
will not playback after replay in same app

Please post the sequence of actions to reproduce the behavior, together with details about MIDI client application, soundfont, ... anything useful to reproduce it.

JM_1234321 wrote:
How do I easily replace VMS with the older?

You can just install the old one over it.

JM_1234321 wrote:
How do I download 2.2.1?

What about VirtualMIDISynth page, download section?

@"If you mean "I have only VirtualMIDISynth #1"

Yes.

@"you need to increase the number of virtual devices in Configurator|Options tab."

VMS2.3 is configured correctly already to have 3 instances (of 4 possible) enabled.

Two of the three instances (of 2.3)will not play sound in my OVE 4 app.

...Even under "options /device" of .ove4, the instances will not generate sound when pushing the 'test' button. Only 1st instance does. BUT even that one stops playing sound after a couple of playbacks (of a score); both vista and win 7 this occurs with. That was not the case with 2.2.1 (it worked in VISTA).

VMS2 or OVE4 seems not to be resetting 'OVE>menu> options> "instuments"' back after uninstalling VMS2. ...Once VMS is uninstalled I have to manually reset things in OVE under options device and "instruments". Specifcally I recall under "options> instruments", the older drum setting ['Roland GS'] was still set as I set it for VMS2. That hangover setting might be what is crashing/locking OVE4 upon new installing of VMS prog.

@"What about VirtualMIDISynth page, download section?"

I meant "how do I download 2.0.1 (or older)?"

This is version 2.0.1 for you to try.
You can simply over-install it over current VMS version or, if you prefer to stay on the safe side, remove current VMS, reboot then install 2.0.1.

Attachments (Only registered users)
CoolSoft_VirtualMIDISynth_2.0.1.zip