VirtualMIDISynth 2.4.0 - Release Candidate 1

It seems you're using an AdBlocker or JavaScript is disabled!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).

This 10 seconds wait is to let you update your AdBlocker whitelist...

Got it, show me the content...
Please enable JavaScript!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.4.0 - RC1

Released version 2.4.0-rc1 (see first post) with small bug fixes:

• FIX: Fixed driver crash when client process tries to open the same DeviceID more than once.
  • FIX: Close any device left open by broken clients that do not send the expected MODM_CLOSE messages.

Final 2.4.0 version will be released when translation of new text items is complete.

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.4.0 - RC1
coolsoft wrote:
FIX: Fixed driver crash when client process tries to open the same DeviceID more than once.

Well, that expains the crashes on mixcraft after trying to open a saved proyect with more than one Virtual MIDI Synth track.

Seriously, I though I had lost those proyects but now they work again, I didn't report it here because I though it was a mixcraft problem, but I did figure out the crash was caused because I saved the proyect with 2 "VirtualMidisynth #1" tracks

I even managed to get a workarround to make it not crash having 2 VMS tracks (I only tested it for 2 channels tho), I just had to open the first one with external midi devices > VirtualMidisynth #1 and for the second track you would have to open external midi devices > Coolsoft midi mapper (In which VirtualMidisynth #1 is set as default midi device), but now it won't be necessary anymore

Those proyects were not very important anyway and I had a mid file version of them so it wasn't that big of a deal, but it's nice that I don't have to rearrange the midis into a new proyect and that I can now use more than 2 vms tracks without worrying about crashes, I just tried opening 16 vms tracks saving the proyect and then opening it and it doesn't crash.

Thanks for your amazing work.

Pages