VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pages

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta
Anonimo_LLopi wrote:

How about a button to increase all current midis' on the list key change by 1 and by -1?
Also maybe a reset buton to put them all to key change 0?

You can CTRL+A to select them all, then use the +/- buttons to set them.
As for the reset to 0, click Key -/+ buttons while pressing CTRL (I've added this hint in buttons tooltip, but if you know a more "noticeable" way to show this feature - other than adding a "0" button - please suggest it...).

Anonimo_LLopi wrote:

And an idea, if you can key change different files why not be able to put the same file several times on the list? that way you could render the same file but with diferents key in one go (maybe add to the end of the name of the file +1 if the key was increased by 1 for example)

This is a good idea, but its implementation could hide some issues. Files are added with +0 by default... what if you forgot to change key for one of a duplicate file group in a 100+ files list?
You start conversion and, since it'll require a lot of time, go out for a coffee... VMS stops asking if it should replace the already existing file and wait for it forever... not so good!

Maybe what's really needed is some kind of "preview" of the final output, so trial-and-error time could be reduced a lot both for key change and Mixer levels.
I'm thinking about a "play" button to start playing the selected item, but it will surely require much more time...

Anonimo_LLopi wrote:

Also do we really need to see the path of both the midi file and the wav file? I would shorten that by something like this: C:\test\1.mid --> 1.wav instead of C:\test\1.mid --> C:\test\1.wav

My first try was to put data on 3 lines (input/output/key) but the list quickly became vertically long.
Your idea is good and quickly implementable... got it!

Anonimo_LLopi wrote:

how about editable tempo in a percentage like in Vanbasco's KP?

I don't know if BASS libraries support it; if so, it could come after the "preview" feature above.

coolsoft wrote:

Just released version 2.9.0-beta2 (see first post) with changes to MIDI Converter and fixes to Soundfont management.

I'm all ears for suggestions about new UI usability...

Good job till now!
Implemented UI is OK, in my opinion, to manage lists of files with related key change.

I would like to have the possibility to choose where to save converted files. User can choose to save in the same directory where sources are or in one target directory that user can select.
User should then indicate if VMS converter is allowed to overwrite files in case it already exists. If VMS is not allowed to overwrite then, in case, it should skip the conversion operation for that file and continue to the next one in the list.

coolsoft wrote:
You can CTRL+A to select them all, then use the +/- buttons to set them.
As for the reset to 0, click Key -/+ buttons while pressing CTRL (I've added this hint in buttons tooltip, but if you know a more "noticeable" way to show this feature - other than adding a "0" button - please suggest it...).
Unfortunately I don't have any ideas involving NOT putting buttons, you have plently of space for buttons, buttons are way more user friendly than keyboard comands, anyway, here's a small test of several different buttons (some do the same but look diferent):

coolsoft wrote:
This is a good idea, but its implementation could hide some issues. Files are added with +0 by default... what if you forgot to change key for one of a duplicate file group in a 100+ files list?
You start conversion and, since it'll require a lot of time, go out for a coffee... VMS stops asking if it should replace the already existing file and wait for it forever... not so good!

Wouldn't it be posible for vms to DETECT that you are trying to put the same file and location 2 or more times with no change in key? and put a "one or more of your files to convert are repeated with no change in key, Continue?" Warning when you try to hit start conversion or something like that

coolsoft wrote:
Maybe what's really needed is some kind of "preview" of the final output, so trial-and-error time could be reduced a lot both for key change and Mixer levels.
I'm thinking about a "play" button to start playing the selected item, but it will surely require much more time...
Yeah, that would be cool and useful, although at that point you should change the name of the program to Virtual Midi Synth Player ;)

coolsoft wrote:
My first try was to put data on 3 lines (input/output/key) but the list quickly became vertically long.
Your idea is good and quickly implementable... got it!
o7

coolsoft wrote:
I don't know if BASS libraries support it; if so, it could come after the "preview" feature above.
As for how it should be implemented in the ui if that's the case the easiest way is probably to have one of those number boxes with also small up and down buttons, with a single midi it should be self explanatory, but if you select several midis the box becomes blank and then you can press up or down once to put at 100% if it isn't blank it's becase all selected midis have the same percentage and then changing the box would change all selected midis in tandem

Cheers

Salve, ho appena formattato e reinstallato il Sistema operativo, fatti relativi aggiornamenti Microsoft, installati tutti Player Karaoke, non rieco a installare VirtualMidiSynth sia la versione 2.8.0 che la 2.9.0 beta2, quando riavvio il Computer mi dà sempre questo errore Allego foto.

Distinti Saluti Grazie

Admin translation:
user reported the BASS_UNKNOWN_ERROR upon installation, both with version 2.8.0 and 2.9.0-beta1

Attachments (Only registered users)
Coolsoft Errore.png

Interesse per la Crescita e lo Sviluppo Personale, per realizzare i Sogni nella Vita!

cosibello wrote:

Salve, ho appena formattato e reinstallato il Sistema operativo, fatti relativi aggiornamenti Microsoft, installati tutti Player Karaoke, non rieco a installare VirtualMidiSynth sia la versione 2.8.0 che la 2.9.0 beta2, quando riavvio il Computer mi dà sempre questo errore

BASS_UNKNOWN_ERROR is the worst one, because it simply means... I don't know what happened.
Some other people had the same issue (https://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/search/forum/bass_error_unknown?page=...) but the most interesting one seems to be this one:
https://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/forum/post/1949#post1949

You should try to completely uninstall VirtualMIDISynth, both with its uninstaller and with manual removal.

Just released version 2.9.0-beta3 (see first post).

It should be feature complete, so only bug fixes till final 2.9.0.

Just a couple of observations.

a) In my last post I wrote:

"User should then indicate if VMS converter is allowed to overwrite files in case it already exists. If VMS is not allowed to overwrite then, in case, it should skip the conversion operation for that file and continue to the next one in the list."

That is because when you have a large list of files you prefer do not attend the whole execution of the job and so you do not want to reply yes (or no) to each question window "do you want to overwrite ...".

This feature could be implemented with a check box "Overwrite target file if exists".

This feature is, in my opinion, a batch job so when parameters are input by user, execution begins and it continues till end; windows log is what user can then see as reply.

b) When the execution is over, I would like to keep the list of files in the window.

Just released version 2.9.0-beta4 (see first post).

It should really be feature complete, so only bug fixes till final 2.9.0 ;)

Improve the reproduction of the sound banks, since I have 4 of about 1219 GB, and each of them with its own characteristics, and high-level modifications, to make the best use of the gold characteristics and improvements of these banks, so that the their characteristics are enhanced.

Thank you very much

Naicols wrote:
Improve the reproduction of the sound banks, since I have 4 of about 1219 GB, and each of them with its own characteristics, and high-level modifications, to make the best use of the gold characteristics and improvements of these banks, so that the their characteristics are enhanced. Thank you very much

How is it related to 2.9.0-beta versions?
Is this a question or a wish?
If the latter, please post it in the Wishlist section...

Pages