VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta

It seems you're using an AdBlocker or JavaScript is disabled!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).

This 10 seconds wait is to let you update your AdBlocker whitelist...

Got it, show me the content...
Please enable JavaScript!

Pages

Posts: 3
Joined: March 16, 2020 - 10:49
Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta
coolsoft wrote:
Naicols wrote:
Improve the reproduction of the sound banks, since I have 4 of about 1219 GB, and each of them with its own characteristics, and high-level modifications, to make the best use of the gold characteristics and improvements of these banks, so that the their characteristics are enhanced. Thank you very much

How is it related to 2.9.0-beta versions?
Is this a question or a wish?
If the latter, please post it in the Wishlist section...

It is not a wish,
it is something that can make a difference to other programs that are on the web, 
where Coolsoft can take advantage of, and make the difference a simple tip.
Posts: 29
Joined: June 28, 2018 - 13:02
Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta

I appreciate your way to solve new features in VMS converter, good job!

Thank you.

Posts: 89
Joined: October 14, 2016 - 03:20
Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta

I found some kind of a bug when I pressed start conversion, I don't know if it's related to the folder being on the E drive

This is while leaving output folder empty, if I put the same folder where the midis are manually on the output folder it DOES work

Cheers

Posts: 1621
Joined: March 25, 2012 - 01:19
Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta
Anonimo_LLopi wrote:
I found some kind of a bug when I pressed start conversion, I don't know if it's related to the folder being on the E drive

No it's not; it's my fault: some debug code left behind... again :(

Just published beta5 with a fix ;) (see first post)

Thanks

Posts: 89
Joined: October 14, 2016 - 03:20
Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta

Ok, everything seems to work fine in all these days I've been trying it

Except for that sometimes it randomly crashes, this happens at least once everyday

It seems to happen when I've had open/minimized the configurator window for quite some time (up to several hours), then I scroll for like 1 second on the soundfont chain and VMS closes on it's own/crashes

As I said this crash seems more or less consistant and before I wasn't sure werever to report it here or not but since it's kinda consistant I though it might be important to tell you at least

Cheers

Posts: 19
Joined: May 20, 2018 - 02:30
Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta

One Thing could be added:

-Updated Bass.dll  2.4.15 ;) its the latest official release.

Posts: 1621
Joined: March 25, 2012 - 01:19
Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta
Anonimo_LLopi wrote:
It seems to happen when I've had open/minimized the configurator window for quite some time (up to several hours), then I scroll for like 1 second on the soundfont chain and VMS closes on it's own/crashes

With minimized you mean "kept open but reduced on the taskbar only"?
Is the crash always just after the soundfont list scroll?
Does it crash silently or are you asked to generate a crash dump?

Anonimo_LLopi wrote:
As I said this crash seems more or less consistant and before I wasn't sure werever to report it here or not but since it's kinda consistant I though it might be important to tell you at least

Should be great to know if this crash is related to 2.9.0 or it happened (maybe lot less more) in 2.8.0 too...
If the bug is caused by soundfont list (which changed in 2.9.0), then I suppose the former.
Could you downgrade to 2.8.0 and confirm it?

ex-driver wrote:
One Thing could be added:
- Updated Bass.dll  2.4.15 ;) its the latest official release.

I usually do this check just before packing the final setup.
Thanks for reporting it, anyway ;)

Posts: 89
Joined: October 14, 2016 - 03:20
Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta

Good news, I've found a way to easily reproduce the crash, just hold the scrolling bar with the mouse on the soundfont chain and the quickly move it up and down (you need some minimun amount of soundfonts to scroll) and it WILL crash within a few seconds, it's easier to crash it the more soundfonts on the list there are: (this godamn page doesn't give the gif file anymore to post directly here) https://gfycat.com/tautgrayfreshwatereel

coolsoft wrote:
With minimized you mean "kept open but reduced on the taskbar only"?
Is the crash always just after the soundfont list scroll?
Does it crash silently or are you asked to generate a crash dump?

Doesn't seem to matter as I just said up there

coolsoft wrote:
Should be great to know if this crash is related to 2.9.0 or it happened (maybe lot less more) in 2.8.0 too...
If the bug is caused by soundfont list (which changed in 2.9.0), then I suppose the former.
Could you downgrade to 2.8.0 and confirm it?

Because I've found how to reproduce it I don't think it will be necesary, but I will do it if you really need me to do so :)

Cheers

Posts: 1621
Joined: March 25, 2012 - 01:19
Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 beta
Anonimo_LLopi wrote:
Good news, I've found a way to easily reproduce the crash, just hold the scrolling bar with the mouse on the soundfont chain and the quickly move it up and down (you need some minimun amount of soundfonts to scroll) and it WILL crash within a few seconds, it's easier to crash it the more soundfonts on the list there are

Your help was really priceless, thank you very much!
I was able to find a GDI resources handles leak in some of the custom controls, mostly in soundfont list: each time the control was repainted, a lot of handles were leak and, once the total number of GDI handles reaches the process limit (10000) the process crashed.
Now it was fixed, together with some other minor font/brushes/DC leaks. VMS is now leak-free ;)

Ready for the final 2.9.0 in a few hours, stay tuned...

Posts: 1621
Joined: March 25, 2012 - 01:19

VirtualMIDISynth 2.9.0 was just released.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help in testing and debugging this release.

Pages