VirtualMIDISynth 2.x alpha available for testing

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pagine

Re: CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.0.0-alpha23 released

nikoster reported he have no issues with alpha24.

Thanks for your tests.
Beta1 is coming soon, stay tuned!

Aspetterò con ansia la versione beta!
Spero in un upgrade riguardo la memoria virtuale (una specie di boost) per far si che un sf Evanessence (1,8gb) rimanga tutto in memoria e pronto all'uso!!

nikoster wrote:
Aspetterò con ansia la versione beta! Spero in un upgrade riguardo la memoria virtuale (una specie di boost) per far si che un sf Evanessence (1,8gb) rimanga tutto in memoria e pronto all'uso!!

La vedo dura.

BASSMIDI è forzato a caricare la soundfont SOLO nella memoria fisica (RAM), in quanto il caricamento sarebbe estremamente lento sulla memoria virtuale (File di paging).

Some sugesstions for VMS 2.0 Beta1:

1. Update bass.dll to 2.4.11.17 (or newest version at relase)
  2. Update bassmidi.dll to 2.4.9.21 (or newest version at relase)
  3. increase max voices limit to 100000 (requiers bassmidi.dll 2.4.9.17 or newer, kinda useless for realtime playing, but can be used for the MIDI to wav/mp3/flac converter)
  4. Compiled with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE (info in: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wz223b1z.aspx). Allows 32 bit programs to adress more than 2 GB RAM in 64 bit OS (up to 4 GB) and 32 bit OS with 3 GB switch enabled (up to 3 GB)
  5. use a different directory for the driver & synth (allows VMS 2.0 and 1.x installed agloside, can be a a beta/RC only feature or keep on the final version as well)
  6. Ability to run the converter from a desktop shortcut and/or a visible button in VMS 2.0 configurator

This is all of the sugesstion i though, if someone have another/better sugesstion. Tell it

Carlos S. M. - Black MIDI Team Member
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgVv5sa3hZluRZ8AQdq5tEg

Carlos S. M. wrote:
  • Update bass.dll to 2.4.11.17 (or newest version at relase) and bassmidi.dll to 2.4.9.21 (or newest version at relase)
  • increase max voices limit to 100000 (requiers bassmidi.dll 2.4.9.17 or newer, kinda useless for realtime playing, but can be used for the MIDI to wav/mp3/flac converter)
  • Ability to run the converter from a desktop shortcut and/or a visible button in VMS 2.0 configurator

Added to TODO list, will be in next beta

Carlos S. M. wrote:
  • use a different directory for the driver & synth (allows VMS 2.0 and 1.x installed agloside, can be a a beta/RC only feature or keep on the final version as well)

I'm against the possibility to install the two distinct branches side by side.
I wonder how much I'll need to scratch my head when trying to understand where a bug came from.
Most of VMS users are musicians and sometimes, with a single installed at a time, it is difficult for me to understand bug reports and ask for further info.
It also runs on x86 and x64 OS and you could imagine what I mean; it could quickly became a nightmare ;)

Carlos S. M. wrote:

I suppose the same linker flag should be used by BASSMIDI too to make the whole feature work, but I suppose not.
I'd like much to have a native 64bit version of the synth, but this also increase complexity to my unit testing system.
Some posts ago I started a poll to see if an x86 version of the synth is really needed; removing it will limit VMS to run on 64bit OS only (still supporting x86 MIDI programs).
I also asked about removing XP support...

The poll is here: http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/forum/post/1340#post1340
Here is a previous discussion wit an user about x86/x64 support: http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/forum/post/1139#post1139

Will make some tests...

coolsoft wrote:
Carlos S. M. wrote:

I suppose the same linker flag should be used by BASSMIDI too to make the whole feature work, but I suppose not.

BASSMIDI is already compiled with that flag.

My driver is able to load 2GB+ soundfonts on 32-bit processes that are compiled with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE (Or patched with the 4GB patch).

coolsoft wrote:

I'm against the possibility to install the two distinct branches side by side.
I wonder how much I'll need to scratch my head when trying to understand where a bug came from.
Most of VMS users are musicians and sometimes, with a single installed at a time, it is difficult for me to understand bug reports and ask for further info.
It also runs on x86 and x64 OS and you could imagine what I mean; it could quickly became a nightmare ;)

Although it can be a posibility, i still wonder if can happen issues, imcompatilibity or even conflicts. I guess coexisting two VMS verions will likey never happen

coolsoft wrote:

I'd like much to have a native 64bit version of the synth, but this also increase complexity to my unit testing system.
Some posts ago I started a poll to see if an x86 version of the synth is really needed; removing it will limit VMS to run on 64bit OS only (still supporting x86 MIDI programs).
I also asked about removing XP support...

I don't really know since it wasn't really tested. i kinda think dropping 32 bit can lose more users than XP support drop (although idk if there a new feature which strictly needs drop XP support besides migrating to 64 bit Synth) and around 7-8 out 10 Office PCs runs 64 bit Windows (est). Idk if making 64 bit only will have issues with Windows Vista (most newer 64 bit programs needs at lest Windows 7) also there at lest 1 user on this forum which uses VMS 2.0 on a 32 bit OS running in a VM for an old 16 bit program (16 programs only runs on 32 bit Windows).

Due to some issues and no XP x64 support on newer VC++ versions
The options can be:

1. Drop XP support
  2. Drop both XP and 32 bit support (64 bit only VMS2 wil force you to drop XP support as well, also pepole won't be able to use VMS 2.x on legacy 16 bit programs anymore)
  3. Keep XP and 32 bit support

I still wait for Beta release to test and probaly send feed although i skipped Alpha 24

Carlos S. M. - Black MIDI Team Member
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgVv5sa3hZluRZ8AQdq5tEg

==================================================================

VirtualMIDISynth 2.x entered the Beta stage, Beta1 has been released in a new thread here.

This thread is now closed, please post your comments there.

==================================================================

Pagine