CoolSoft MIDIMapper Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pagine

CoolSoft MIDIMapper Release Candidate 2 released

------
UPDATE: MIDIMapper was officially released and available for download here:
http://coolsoft.altervista.org/midimapper
------

Windows MIDIMapper was still present in Windows 7, but Microsoft removed any configuration dialogs.
A lot of third party tools were released to fill the gap and give the MIDIMapper back to users.

The whole MIDIMapper layer was then removed from Windows 8.
A lot of users of old MIDI programs or games (without any configuration option to select output MIDI device) were in trouble because the selected device was apparently picked up randomly.

CoolSoft MIDIMapper is the missing MIDIMapper for Windows 8/10.

It features an easy to use configuration dialog, accessible through Control Panel -> Hardware and sound page or straight from its start menu icon.

Please test it on your system and report your feedback here.

Re: CoolSoft MIDIMapper beta1 released

...reserved...

It works for me with GOG System Shock: Enhanced Edition in Windows 10 x64 for switching between VirtualMIDISynth and my M-Audio MIDISport Uno USB-MIDI interface. Thanks!

Yesterday I figured out how to analyze the game executable to find where it calls midiOutOpen() in winmm.dll and then hex edit it to open the correct device number, but MIDIMapper is much easier.

I was also thinking that it might work to create a proxy winmm.dll that intercepts midiOutOpen() calls and overrides the device ID to one specified in a config file. That would let you choose a device per application by putting a winmm.dll proxy library in each application directory.

Edit: Also seems to work for passing SysEx to my MT-32.

A fabulous piece of work, thanks a lot...YOU SIR, created a masterpiece. Can't wait for updates.

@ady00yo, @HunterZ: thanks for your kind words.

What about the name?
My first two choices were MIDIMapperEx and  MIDIMapper Reloaded, but the former was too much "technical" (Ex meaning Extended only to programmers guys) and the latter fights with a movie-masterpiece like Matrix Reloaded.

Do you have any suggestion?

I think "CoolSoft MIDIMapper" works fine, because it takes direct aim at Microsoft in response to their removal of the Windows MIDI mapper functionality in newer versions of Windows.

Hi Claudio,

thanks for this very useful tool!

For what it's worth, I also tested it on my Win7 box and it seems to work perfectly so far (tried it with Munt, CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth and my CM-500 with M-Audio Uno). I even prefer it over OpenMIDISelector and good old Putzlowitsch VistaMIDIMapper.

Kaminari wrote:
I also tested it on my Win7 box and it seems to work perfectly so far

On Win7 there's no need for it because the original Microsoft MIDIMapper is still there (it only misses a configuration dialog).
To configure it you could use the dedicated VirtualMIDISynth configurator tab.

Anyway, starting from Beta2, CoolSoft MIDIMapper setup will only install the configurator part on systems prior to Windows 8.
If you install Beta2 over Beta1 (on a Win7 system) you're asked to remove Beta1 before proceeding (to remove the useless driver component).

The less the better...

CoolSoft MIDIMapper beta2 released

Beta 2 released.
It is bit-to-bit equal to Beta1 except for the setup procedure on systems before Windows 8 (see previous post).

If you don't have Win7 or Vista there's no need to update to Beta2.

v.0.9.0-beta2 - 2016-06-16
- Fixed setup procedure on systems before Windows 8
  (where Microsoft MIDIMapper is still available)
  NOTE: On these systems Beta1 must be uninstalled manually to proceed.
HunterZ wrote:

I think "CoolSoft MIDIMapper" works fine, because it takes direct aim at Microsoft in response to their removal of the Windows MIDI mapper functionality in newer versions of Windows.

I agree and, also, searching for Windows 10 MIDIMapper on Google will lead to CoolSoft MIDIMapper page ;)

Pagine