Control soundfont gain

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
Control soundfont gain

Hey. I have been using VirtualMIDISynth for all my MIDI music and I must say it is an impressive product. But one thing that urks me is the lack of some sort of "Synth Volume Control" setting. This would really come in handy for some soundfonts that are quieter than usual.

Also, I have a problem when I play old games that use MIDI music. On some tracks of, let's say Duke Nukem 3D and Doom, a small portion of the tracks are downshifted in pitch. I was wondering if there was anyway this could be resolved. I am running Duke Nukem 3D under Windows 7 under the eDuke32 source port and Doom under the ZDoom source port.

Adding a gain control for

Adding a gain control for each loaded soundfont file is already on my TODO list, but scheduled for next 2.x versions.
I'll see what does it mean backporting it to 1.x series...

As for the downshifted pitch I think you could try to solve it with a MIDI processor tool loke MIDIOX.
Put it between MIDI client (your game) and MIDI device (VirtualMIDISynth), then configure it to change MIDI stream pitch.