Load SF in RAM

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Anonymous user
Load SF in RAM

What about adding a service (or something like it) that allows user to load the entire SoundFont in RAM? By this way opening a MIDI becomes faster and of course effects, polyphony and performance gets better!

Preloading the whole SF into

Preloading the whole SF into RAM is already possible (see the Options tab into configurator), but there's an architectural limit that can't be easily overcome: VirtualMIDISynth is a DLL, so it's loaded (and unloaded) by the client MIDI application. Since SF preloading occurs at each load, the added delay could be bothersome.

I suppose you're suggesting to create a separate exe process and demand to this one the SF (pre)loading.
This architecture will be great because this separate process could be started at windows start, so it will be ready immediately when needed.
The worst part is the to create a quick and efficient communication channel between the driver DLL and synth exe.

That's exactly what I'm going to do with next 2.x version of VirtualMIDISynth (see FAQ #5 here for details).

Anonymous user
that sounds great! Your work

that sounds great! Your work is really appreciated: if I can help in any way just let me know!