VirtualMIDISynth 2.1.0 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
VirtualMIDISynth 2.1.0 released

VirtualMIDISynth 2.1 has been released.

Most noticeable change is MIDI device sharing between multiple MIDI clients.
See here for detailed changelog and download.

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.1.0 released

THANK YOU for the improved Bank handling!

I've been sturuggling with this since 2.0.0 came out, and 2.0.1 didn't seem to really fix it.   I also wasn't sure if I was crazy and had configured something wrong, as I accidentally wiped out my config file when I installed 2.0.0.  I always suspected I never had everything back the way it was quite right.  But now, with 2.1.0, things really are working the way they're supposed to!

So, again, thank you!

Joseph

[JJH/Jovet]

Thanks for reporting it ;)

coolsoft wrote:
Thanks for reporting it ;)

Well, I wasn't sure if it was the sofware or if it was me.   If I was sure it was a problem with the software I would have reported it.

But I have noticed a few minor problems with 2.1.0.   I could create a new thread but I'll mention them here first:

• At first everything was fine, but several times an application has opened the MIDI ports only for them to "close" after a few seconds.   The About page status shows "Free" and there is no sound from the application.  I seem to be able to prevent this if I have the application send MIDI data (e.g. play an empty file, but it still sends init-init/reset commands) immediately after opening it.
  • Right this moment one of my applications is running and it shows it registered on the About page, but it only shows its process number, not the full path to the executable.   The full path was there before but has since disappeared.

=== VirtualMIDISynth #3 ===
*  (#1256)
  voices:   0, rendering time:  0%, update rate (ms): 10
=== VirtualMIDISynth #4 ===
*  (#1256)
  voices:   0, rendering time:  0%, update rate (ms): 10

Not a huge deal, but it's odd that it's happened.  (There was also a system beep when I pressed CTRL+C to copy that text to the Clipboard...which in my experience means a window message isn't being properly eaten somewhere.)

Joseph

[JJH/Jovet]

Jovet wrote:
I could create a new thread but I'll mention them here first

Yes please, create a new thread and add "2.1" to thread subject.
Please also report which MIDI client is that and if the issue appears randomly or mainly with that.

THANK YOU for the new feature "MIDI device sharing between multiple MIDI clients".

This is very helpful.