Routing (??) in Cubase - no sound on mixdown

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Routing (??) in Cubase - no sound on mixdown

You'll probably roll your eyes at this one, but ... here goes!

I 've got Cubase 5, and I've got free VirtualMIDIsynth playing my keyboard MIDI 'onboard', but if I ask for an Audio Mixdown, I get no sound on the resulting WAV file. Also if you 'record' an audio track - nada.

[See attached screen shot!]

What's the secret to recording what I can hear, please? I'd love to use VirtualMIDIsynth as a VST.

Thanks in advance for your help. this would make my output much better and my life much easier.

Yours in harmony

Bob Chappell

Attachments (Only registered users)
Cubase problem.jpg

Mister Musicarta
www.musicarta.com

Re: Routing (??) in Cubase - no sound on mixdown
Musicarta wrote:

What's the secret to recording what I can hear, please? I'd love to use VirtualMIDIsynth as a VST.

VirtualMIDIsynth 2.x is an out of process driver so its audio output is independent from Cubase's audio.

You can try BassmidiVSTi instead. It uses the same engine (Bassmidi) so it produces the same sound as VirtualMIDIsynth but it's a real VSTi plugin.

http://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#bassmidi_vsti

Thanks so much!

I've downloaded it and put all the files in the places Cubase is supposed to look for synths - but it doesn't show up!

Is there something Ielse I should do for BMVst in particular, do you know.

It's a bit beyond the call of duty, I realise...

Mister Musicarta
www.musicarta.com

Make sure you copy the files with the right bitness. If you use 64 bit version of Cubase you should copy the files from the x64 folder, if you use 32 bit version of Cubase copy the files from the x86 folder.

Also make sure you copy the dll files directly to the folder that is set as a VST folder for Cubase. So not the BassMidiVsti_x64(or BassMidiVsti_x86) folder itself but only the dll files from it.

I confirm the suggestions you've got by @Falcosoft (thanks ;)).

You're asking Cubase to record its own "mixdown" output, but VMS is not part of that.
As you can see opening Windows Audio Mixer, VMS has its own volume slider.
Think it like an external hardware MIDI Keyboard/Synthesizer.

Another choice you have is to (try to) enable the so-called "Stereo mix" device in Windows then use an external audio recorder (like Audacity) to capture and record the whole audio output.
Please note that the success of this operation is strictly related to your windows audio driver.
See here for further info: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-window...

One more thing: BassMidi VSTi is a VST 2 plugin so it should be put in the path for VST 2.x plugins (not for the VST 3 path).

Also press Update/Refresh after adding/setting the plugin's path to VST 2.x Plugin path.