Crypted soundfont

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Crypted soundfont

What about the possibility of loading a crypted soundfont?
Suppose you have created a SF and you want to share or sell that SF only with someone, how can you do that?
Could VMS implement such a feature?

Re: Crypted soundfont

How is VMS supposed to be able to decrypt your SF file?
If you think about using a pre-shared decription key, than your mileage will be very short, since it could be easily shared on the net making your protection useless.

You could implement your own decryption system and pass a decrypted file to VMS; but a geek-user could intercept this clear-file making again your protection useless...

The most secure way to allow per-user loading of a crypted file is that the decryption login stays inside the file-consumer (VMS), but this requires me to be involved in supporting custom encryption/decryption algorithm... and I'm not going to do that, sorry ;)

I think, but I'm not an expert, decryption should occur when VMS is loading the SF file; if VMS intercept that SF file is crypted than VMS ask for the key.
Moreover the key should be dependent by, for example, the SID of system running VMS and SF file.

Thank you, anyway.

Yes, you're right.

And this means then VMS should know the algorithm needed to en/decrypt the SF2, based on "hardware parameters" like MAC address.

So, you think it's possible to implement that in a future release?

coolsoft wrote:
...but this requires me to be involved in supporting custom encryption/decryption algorithm... and I'm not going to do that, sorry ;)

No, I don't think it will be possible, sorry ;)