Coolsoft MIDI Driver

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pagine

Coolsoft MIDI Driver

Hello All,

I recently went through a windows 10 update. I have windows 10 home, build 10.0.19033.
I'm running 2.8 version of virtual midi synth...

Now it seems when VirtualMIDISynth would always load and operate correctly.
I use Cakewalk as a sequencing MIDI program.
Now when I open a midi file and try to play it no sound comes.
The Virtual MIDI synth is not listed as an output option...

What I have to do EVERYTIME now is exit the coolsoft virtual midi synth through the lower right icon, then run virtual midi synth again, to which it gives me a window stating "MIDI driver is not installed, would you like to fix it?"
I say yes, it gives me a box to accept, and then it works just fine through cakewalk...

Why do I have to repeatedly keep closing it out, opening it back up again and say yes to reinstalling the driver for it to work now?
Is there any fix that I can do, the update cannot be rolled back because it's been too long since it was updated, and it won't allow me to go back to previous windows version...

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that windows update because before then it worked just fine not having to close it and reopen it again, and no other software was recently installed on this machine...

Please Help!

NOTE: post content reformatted by forum admin

Re: Coolsoft MIDI Driver

Have you had a look at this FAQ?

Sequenzzer wrote:
What I have to do EVERYTIME now is exit the coolsoft virtual midi synth through the lower right icon, then run virtual midi synth again, to which it gives me a window stating "MIDI driver is not installed, would you like to fix it?"
I say yes, it gives me a box to accept, and then it works just fine through cakewalk...

What you mean with "EVERYTIME"?
I mean, when does VMS stop working? After a Cakewalk close/reopen, or after a computer reboot?

Maybe something is resetting those registry keys upon reboot.
A dirty fix could be to deny write permissions on those keys, then look at the event viewer to find out what's trying to change their content...

First and Foremost,thank you for the quick reply...

To answer your questions,as long as the computer is up,I have no issues...If I don't shut down,and just close the lid(put the computer in hibernate or sleep and open it back up,EVEN when keeping cakewalk open,it loses the driver for some reason,and it won't sound or play...Not until I shut Cakewalk down(VMS will not allow me to close Cakewalk until it's shut down)then close the VMS down from bottom right of screen,reopen VMS..( I get the message that midi driver is not installed,and to fix?) i say yes,it reinstalls the driver and gives message to reopen file,I reopen Cakewalk..It's fine and will stay ok UNTIL computer is shut down OR i just simply close the lid and hibernate/sleep....Doing this EVEN with cakewalk already OPEN still disables the driver...I could see if I was rebooting,but it's just waking up from a hibernate state and still having issues with the driver)...

Hope this gives a little more info...It's really frustrating because before this last windows update that I cannot roll back to,it would work on reboot and also from a hibernate mode as well....Any ideas?

Thanks for all you've done so far....

Hello all

Any other suggestions/ideas as to what would cause this to happen upon hibernation of the computer? I don't think a complete uninstall/reinstallation of the VMS software is going to fix the issue...

Thanks!

Please beware that Windows 10 Home build 10.0.19033 is a preview build - Insider build

The latest official open build is 18363.592.

Maybe is is worth trying to use an official build.

Rgds JoeRo

The same problem on Windows 10 Pro build 19041 (this build is actually a future RTM build!). Upon every reboot the registry key is reset to "wdmaud.drv" and the driver is lost. Not sure if it's related to Cakewalk, because it happens even if I don't start Cakewalk at all.

Process Monitor displays this:

3:34:17.7288780    svchost.exe    2316    RegQueryValue    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\midi1    SUCCESS    Type: REG_SZ, Length: 42, Data: VirtualMIDISynth.dll
3:34:17.7332640    svchost.exe    2316    RegDeleteValue    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\midi1    SUCCESS    
3:34:17.7333624    svchost.exe    2316    RegDeleteValue    HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\midi1    SUCCESS    
3:34:17.7372816    svchost.exe    2316    RegSetValue    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\midi1    SUCCESS    Type: REG_SZ, Length: 22, Data: wdmaud.drv
3:34:17.7373767    svchost.exe    2316    RegSetValue    HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\midi1    SUCCESS    Type: REG_SZ, Length: 22, Data: wdmaud.drv

Its command line is C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted -p -s AudioEndpointBuilder. What service is it?

SVCHOST.EXE reads this key, then removes it! On every reboot. Is it possible to prevent this behavior?

I use an older version of Cakewalk--CPA 9--Of course it's so old it has NOT been updated,I have not upgraded/changed versions or added any new software for this driver to be lost....So I know it's not related to Cakewalk...Happens upon reboot and also on hibernation...

Wow... I also have both CWPA 9 and a modern version. I posted this bug to Windows Feedback.

Alexey Rukin wrote:
Its command line is C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted -p -s AudioEndpointBuilder. What service is it?

SVCHOST.EXE reads this key, then removes it! On every reboot. Is it possible to prevent this behavior?

Well, there's a lot of results on Google about AudioEndpointBuilder, but they seem unrelated each other: https://www.google.com/search?q=AudioEndpointBuilder

Some of them point to Realtek drivers, some others to ATI HDMI audio drivers; I haven't found a common point.

Alexey Rukin wrote:

You could try to change key access permissions in Regedit.
Add a new Deny Write permission for Everyone (deny rules should win over allow ones) and reboot.
If it doesn't work, take note of original key permissions, remove them and add a single Read to Everyone.

Pagine