VirtualMIDISynth 2.10 beta

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pagine

VirtualMIDISynth 2.10 beta

This thread will contain next VirtualMIDISynth 2.10.0-beta releases.
PLEASE POST BUG REPORTS OF BETA VERSION IN THIS THREAD, DO NOT START NEW ONES ;)

v.2.10.0-beta2 - 2020-08-24

• Wrong size of Mixer window.
  • CoolSoft MIDIMaper 2.0.0 (x64) is not correctly detected.

v.2.10.0-beta1 - 2020-08-11

• Fixed a bug (started in Windows 10-2004) that "removes" device at each reboot.
  • Removed Windows XP and Vista support. VMS now requires Windows 7 SP1 or newer OS.
  • VirtualMIDISynth is now listed as an audio device in Windows Device Manager.
  • Installed files size is now shown in "Estimated size" field of Windows Apps & Features app.
  • Uninstaller now won't blindly remove the whole installation folder (avoid damages to users installing VMS in "unusual" folders).

Please check it out and report bugs here...

UPDATE: version 2.10 released, attachments removed.

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.10 beta

Since today, I'm getting again this warning popup message at startup:

"CoolSoft MIDI Mapper can't be found on this system, please run setup to fix it."

Strangely enough, the mapper still works correctly despite the warning. The new 2.10 beta doesn't make a difference.

[Windows 10 | version 2004 | build 19041.423]

Kaminari wrote:
"CoolSoft MIDI Mapper can't be found on this system, please run setup to fix it."

CoolSoft MIDIMapper 2.0.0 was released yesterday to fix this bug.

Please check it out and, if so, report any new MIDIMapper bug on the dedicated forum:
https://coolsoft.altervista.org/forum/midimapper/bugs

I am once again getting the error message "CoolSoft MIDI Mapper can't be found on this system, please run setup to fix it." I had previously gotten it back in June after a major Windows update and a MIDIMapper update on 7/11/2020 appeared to have fixed it. However, it reappeared yesterday, and the update referred to in this thread did NOT fix it, despite being advertised as doing so. Please release another update that permanently fixes this bug!

UPDATE: There was a bit of confusion over which program to install; I have now updated both VirtualMIDISynth and MIDIMapper and the bug seems to be gone again. Hopefully it will stay gone.

James Flasch wrote:
There was a bit of confusion over which program to install

Both MIDIMapper and VirtualMIDISynth had the same bug after Windows 10-2004 update.

Being two different programs, the bug was addressed separately:

• MIDIMapper: 2.0.0 (final)
  • VirtualMIDISynth: 2.10 (currently in beta, see first post of this thread)
James Flasch wrote:
I have now updated both VirtualMIDISynth and MIDIMapper and the bug seems to be gone again. Hopefully it will stay gone.

I hope so ;)

With this update, the Windows Media Player is crashing when I try to play a midi file. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 2004 AMD64 build.

krezol wrote:

With this update, the Windows Media Player is crashing when I try to play a midi file. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 2004 AMD64 build.

My windows media player has always crashed when trying to play MIDI files. I don't care though, I use Vanbasco's player. I also recommend you to use either vanbasco player or something else. WMP kinda sucks.

My site

krezol wrote:

Does it report some error when it crashes, or it simply closes?
Is anything reported in Event Viewer?

vaporwaver wrote:
I also recommend you to use either vanbasco player or something else.

I completely agree but... it should work, even if bad ;)

Apparently VMS 2.9.1-win10-2004 and 2.10 beta don't detect MIDI mapper 2.0. The "Default MIDI Out device" is still grayed out, as if I haven't installed MIDI mapper yet. I can use the MIDI mapper configurator, but I just wanted to know if this is intentonal or not.

Attachments (Only registered users)
VirtualMIDISynth_Av8bytMNmv.png

My site

coolsoft wrote:
krezol wrote:

Does it report some error when it crashes, or it simply closes?
Is anything reported in Event Viewer?

No event viewer log entry created. I tried to play the file that came on the SB AWE 32 cd. No luck. I tried to play the midi from the Windows 3.1. Still no luck. The WMP shows message that it encountered problem while playing the file.

Attachments (Only registered users)
CHAOS4M_BLUE.zip
Annotation 2020-08-16 180427.gif

Pagine