Problem with soundfont path in newer version.

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Problem with soundfont path in newer version.

Hi Claudio.

I just installed the new version of VMS, I clicked the "Start VMS when finishing installation option" and I got the following error message.

I think the image is self-explanatory.

The soundfont I use is installed in C:\Users\Myname\Documentos\midi\ However VMS looks for it in C:\Users\Myname\Documents\midi\ It doesn't find it and gives the error message. I have that soundfont in that directory since many months ago and I have updated VMS several times in that period and I didn't have before that error.

Attachments (Only registered users)
Captura de pantalla 2020-12-16 150202.png
Re: Problem with soundfont path in newer version.

If you've updated from a previous version, the old VirtualMIDISynth.conf file already had the SF filenames in absolute form, so it should work without any issue 🤔...
Can't reproduce on my side.

Maybe the error message is misleading and the SF file can't be opened for a different reason (other than a wrong filename), like being kept open by a previous instance.

Try these steps:

• make a copy of VirtualMIDISynth.conf file
  • open VMS, remove the SF and re-add it again
  • compare new VirtualMIDISynth.conf file with the one you've saved before... are the SF paths different?

I'll try what you said, but I didn't open today VMS or any other midi software, so not previous instance here. And that soundfont worked yesterday and I touched nothing.

Hmm...
I have tried what you say. Both files are identical but I have noticed something that missed when I reported the error. Ten days ago, Microsoft on its own decided that I needed to use OneDrive and synced with it my computer and changed internally the route of "My documents". Now it is in C:\Users\Myname\OneDrive\Documentos\  instead of C:\Users\Myname\Documents.

So maybe it is a Microsoft bug?

retrue wrote:
So maybe it is a Microsoft bug?
Yes, it could be...

Localization of system paths (like Program Files, Desktop, ...) is one of the craziest Windows things 😳