VirtualMIDISynth 2.11 beta

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
VirtualMIDISynth 2.11 beta

This thread will contain next VirtualMIDISynth 2.11.0-beta releases.
PLEASE POST BUG REPORTS OF BETA VERSION IN THIS THREAD, DO NOT START NEW ONES ;)

v.2.11.0-beta2 - 2021-01-04

• NEW: MIDIConverter Mixer and Skip initial silence features are now enabled in multi-channel mode.
  • FIX: Fixed crash closing VMS with systray context menu when MIDIConverter is open.

v.2.11.0-beta1 - 2021-01-03

• NEW: MIDIConverter feature to split output in multiple files, one for each MIDI channel.
  • FIX: Improved MIDIConverter speed, now up to 3x faster.

Please check it out and report bugs here...

Attachments (Only registered users)
CoolSoft_VirtualMIDISynth_2.11.0-beta2.zip
CoolSoft_VirtualMIDISynth_2.11.0-beta1.zip
Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.11 beta

Nice, It seems to work perfectly, except for it not listening the midi mixer that I think you know already since it the button becomes grey'd out when you activate multiple channel export mode, hope you will fix it

I have this system where I have most of the soundfonts at 200% volume or more but the master volume on the mixer at 25% or less, by increasing to 100% the song will clip but windows has an built in master limiter so it will actually compress the sound without any distorsion if you are earing the midi live, unless you use the midi file converter since it's exporting to files these files will be distorted since they are clipping and they aren't going through the windows master limiter, so as you can imagine having the midis export to wav files with the midi mixer master at 100% and the soundfont at 200% most files come distorted, so that's why it's important to have the midi mixer working, as a workarround to this I could decrease the soundfont's volume to 100% or less

I will report if I see any bugs

Cheers

My initial thought was that multichannel export is intended to be used in a DAW.
Since any DAW mixing features are much more powerful than any of the VMS Mixer ones... VMS pre-mixing is useless.
To keep the interface (and usage) as simple as possible so, I've disabled it.

On second thought I've re-enabled it 😉.

I've also re-enabled the "Skip initial silence", after fixing the feature and let it work correctly in multi-channel mode too.

Thanks for your report, 2.11.0-beta2 is ready to be tested 👍.

Thanks, yes you are kind of right, the mixer it's useful to have on multi track export not because the individual channel mixer but because of the master volume mixer (but don't remove the ability to mix individual channels just in case), when converting midis I actually put the master volume extremely low to avoid any clipping in the output track, and of course that's why it's useful on multi track export too, to avoid exporting clipping wavs if the midi or the soundfont are loud, then when opening the wavs on my daw I just normalize them and they come perfectly without any clipping.

I've tested the new version and midi export with the mixer works perfectly (well apart from the message that tells you the mixer won't work with multi track export lol), If I see any bugs I will report

Cheers

Anonimo_LLopi wrote:
apart from the message that tells you the mixer won't work with multi track export lol

...ooops, forgot to fix the translation 😉