Question using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9...

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Question using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9...

Hello all,

I have a very basic and generic question hopefully someone will be able to answer...I use CPA 9(a very old sequencing program) and what I'm trying to do is select MORE than one output in the sequencer's settings...In other words,I want to use VirtualMidi Synth,but I also want to select another output to drive a USB midi interface to enable me to drive other MIDI instruments....Right now I can only select the virtual midi synth or the interface to use...I can't use both as outputs at the same time....

Hopefully this is understood,and I would love to find a workaround for this,as I have some other sound modules and a harmonizer I would like to drive through the midi interface in conjuction with and WHILE using the VMS as a playback device...

I am very familiar with CPA9 and really don't need or want to use another sequencing program...But if it is my only option to enable TWO outputs through the sequencer(if possible at all)then I will certainly use another program to enable me to do this...

I truly appreciate any and all help concerning this issue...I love VMS and would love to continue using it,but I fear I'm going to have to go back to bad sounding midi instruments because I'll have to use only ONE output strickly to drive my midi interface and not be able to use VMS....Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 allows you to SELECT more than one output,but it only sees and enables the top input selected.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Question using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9...

I have CWPA8 but it's probably similar.

Click "MIDI-Devices" from the "Tools" menu.

In the window that opens, you will see a list of available output devices on the right. You might think, "If I can see it, then I should be able to use it", but there is a trick here: You have to click on the devices (multiple) you want to use and activate them. // You can tell that you have chosen by changing the background colors to the selected-color (usually blue).

Click the OK button and confirm the selection.

Now you can double-click the desired track in the "Port" column from the "Track List" window and select the desired device from the drop-down "Port" menu in the popup window.

Re: Question using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9...

YOU ROCK MAN! I really appreciate ya taking the time to answer this...It was buggin the hell out of me!

Take Care and GOD BLESS!